myGames Start Extension : Threat’s Description
|Name||myGames Start Extension|
|Description||myGames Start Extension is able to make changes in your default browser settings and replace the pre-set search provider with its own dubious one.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download myGames Start Extension Scanner to confirm the attack of myGames Start Extension virus.|
Brief Details on myGames Start Extension
myGames Start Extension is web browser extension which belongs to the category of potentially unwanted program that can be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store. However, it can invade the user's machine without user's consent as well. The website which is reported to advertise this shady application is known as Myappline[.]com. It pretends to be a legitimate application and claims to provide quick access to the gaming websites in a single click. Gaming softwares associated with this dubious browser extension can be found on 'Cantstopplaying[.]com' website. Although, it is important for the web surfers to understand that myGames Start Extension can alter the default home page, search engine and new tab page address with an HTML page without asking for your permission.
The new tab page altered by this adware offers some quick links to some popular websites like Amazon, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Gmail and Facebook. You cannot find any game onto the default homepage set by myGames Start Extension, but the domain includes a link to 'mygames[.]cantstopplaying[.]com where infected users can play some Adobe Flash games at zero cost. In relaity, the main objective of such type of threats is to advertise its sponsors and such sponsors are generally the third parties which seek to make their unreliable web portals more popular. They just want to get higher number of visitors, so that they pay for PUP creators to promote their shady creations. As a result, inexperienced computer users who have never heard about myGames Start Extension may become the victims of this threat, because it invade the targeted machine stealthily.
How Does myGames Start Extension Work?
It can initiate plenty of arbitrary activities on your machine and can install other extensions or toolbar on your system in order to monitor your online browsing activities. This adware mainly gathers data related to your browsing conducts, such as your visited websites, search queries, downloaded apps, geo-location and IP address. Such informations captured by myGames Start Extension to predict your online interests and needs. As a result, it may display targeted advertisements on your PC screen. Moreover, you should be more attentive because its displayed adverts are misleading and may lead you to questionable domains. Therefore, it would be better for you to take immediate action for this adware removal because the more it stay on your machine the more issue myGames Start Extension may cause.
Learn To Remove myGames Start Extension Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete myGames Start Extension Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of myGames Start Extension Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to myGames Start Extension related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from myGames Start Extension On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing myGames Start Extension from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.