Are you facing with NMCRYPT Ransomware? Is it locked your all stored files and demanded you a ransom fee to unlock them? Want to decrypt files without paying ransom fee? If yes, this post is really beneficial for you because here you will know actually what is NMCRYPT Ransomware and how can you easily delete it and decrypt .NMCRYPT files.
Threat's Profile of NMCRYPT Ransomware
|Risk Level||Very High|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Discovered on||Mid of April 2018|
|Based on||Hidden Tear Project|
|Ransom Note||Recover your files.html|
|Demanded fee||Around 7000 USD in BTC|
|Description||NMCRYPT Ransomware is a newly discovered ransomware by security analysts that aim to trick innocent users and makes money from them.|
|Dispersal Channels||Bundling method, spam campaigns, torrent downloads, executable files, contaminated devices, P2P file sharing sources and much more.|
|The removal of NMCRYPT Ransomware and decryption of .NMCRYPT file is possible using Windows Scanner Tool – download it.|
All Facts That You Must Aware With NMCRYPT Ransomware
In the category of ransomware, a new malware has been added by security experts named NMCRYPT Ransomware. According to the security experts, it is another sub-variant of .NM4 Ransomware. It belongs to those file encryption type that aims to lock users entire files and make them inaccessible. The targeted files of this ransomware can be easily noticeable because it renames the original file by adding .NMCRYPT file extension.
Know How NMCRYPT Ransomware's Hackers Get Money From You
Once targeting files and making them inaccessible, the person or team behind NMCRYPT Ransomware uses an email account on Protonmail service to negotiate affected users. Upon the successful file encryption procedure, it drops a html files dubbed as 'Recover your files.html' that used to inform affected users about the NMCRYPT Ransomware attack and instructs them to visit TOR payment site and pay large sum of ransom fee around 7000 USD in the Bitcoin.
Reasons Why Should You Not Believe on Ransom Note of NMCRYPT Ransomware
Before believing on ransom mote or making a contact with cyber criminals, you must know that the sole intention of NMCRYPT Ransomware creators is to extort money from you. First of all it will blackmail you by locking your files and after that ask you to pay fee. Once seeing ransom note most of the System users think that the files will be easily recovered after making payment but it is absolutely wrong because hackers often ignored victims once ransom fee is submitted. Thus, team of security experts insist System users to delete NMCRYPT Ransomware rather than making deal with the cyber hackers or pay ransom demanded fee.
Remove NMCRYPT Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove NMCRYPT Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove NMCRYPT Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To NMCRYPT Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find NMCRYPT Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove NMCRYPT Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove NMCRYPT Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the NMCRYPT Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the NMCRYPT Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.