|Name of Threat||Sicck Ransomware|
|Infected Browser||Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer.|
|Affected System||XP, Vista, 10, 7, 8.1, 8 etc.|
|Cipher Used||AES-256, RSA-2048|
|Ransom Note||.txt file|
|Email Address||[email protected], [email protected]|
|Ransom Amount||1 Bitcoin|
|Distribution Method||Junked emails, polluted external drives, peer to peer file sharing network etc.|
Is your confidential files has got locked and you are not able to access any important data from the system. Suddenly you observe that a ransom notification is dropped in order to recover those encrypted files. It seems that your computer system has got contaminated by Sicck Ransomware. Therefore, if you are really feeling very much frustrated and facing many problems because of this hectic ransomware this article is a boon for the guys who want to get rid of this hassle situation easily.
Exploration About Sicck Ransomware
Sicck Ransomware is severely pestiferous kind of viral infection of the computer system that was recently detected by the team of cyber security researchers on 30th October, 2018 belonging to the ransomware family. It is dependent upon an unusual type of software programming service called RaaS
(Ransomware as a Service). This is totally a file encrypting Trojans ransomware that silently get entered into the targeted system and locks down all the varieties of files saved on the machine. All the famous browser search engines like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Edge, etc. as well as any versions of the Windows Operating system like Vista, XP, 7, 8.1, 8, 10 etc. can easily gets infected due to the presence of this offensive malware threat.
Assets Of Sicck Ransomware
Sicck Ransomware is identified as a vicious ransomware Trojans that uses the open-source encryption technologies which makes the system files including images, audios, videos, games, txt, ppt, pdf, html etc completely unusable without suitable decryption tool. This crypto-virus can get infiltrated into the computer system through junked or spam emails, porn sites, online gaming servers, p2p file sharing networks, polluted external devices, pirated softwares, downloading torrents, malicious unsafe sites and many more. It utilizes the high end encrypting algorithms such as AES-256, RSA-2048 for the encryption of crucial saved files which can be only restored through a valid decryption code.
Lethal Properties Of Sicck Ransomware
Because of the Sicck Ransomware attack, the compromised system possess variety of abnormal properties some of them are as defined below:
- It stops the functionality of firewall protection and anti-virus program.
- It causes irretrievable destruction into the corrupted system.
- It encrypts all the sensitive saved files with unknown file extensions.
- It may changes the default settings of the machine without any user authorizations
- It slows down the system speed and decreases its overall performance too.
How To Erase Sicck Ransomware
Since Sicck Ransomware is very dangerous file locking malware Trojans. Hence, it is highly recommended to erase this by using the most proper and easiest techniques like either automatic or manual tools.
A: How To Remove Sicck Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Sicck Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Sicck Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Sicck Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Sicck Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Sicck Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Sicck Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Sicck Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Sicck Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.