|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected .2020 Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|.2020 Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Netcraft||8.337359||Variant of Win32/Trojan..2020 Ransomware.C|
|Suggestion: Uninstall .2020 Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
.2020 Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga 1.0.0 , BubbleShare Widget 1.0 , PageZephyr 3.06 , Fighter Pilot 2.3.2 , Classic Memory 1.1 , ShellyLib 2.3 , Return to Mysterious Island 1.2 , Emicsoft iPad Manager , Ondesoft Screen Rulers , iLim 0.8 , Moscow Metro 1.0 , Lightning! 1.5 , Eddy Timer 1.8.1 , Stellar PST to MBOX Converter , MacBarfX 1.0 , Strange Cases: The Secrets Of Grey Mist Lake 18.104.22.168 , WebFree 1.1 , PosteRazor 1.5
An Introduction To .2020 Ransomware
.2020 Ransomware is a type of cryptovirus and was reported recently. It is created by the hackers to serve their wrong motivation. It is very harmful for the computer system and sneak silently into your computer without any consent. This ransomware is very effective and useful for the hackers by which they can easily generate profit. It encrypts your files and lock them to make your files unable to open and read. Your system will also get locked and you will need the decryption key to open your files. This article is illustrating all about the .2020 Ransomware. Read the article carefully to get a quick solution of this problem.
How Does .2020 Ransomware Enter Into Your System
.2020 Ransomware enters via peer to peer file transfer, spoofed email, downloading the software from malicious websites, online ads, social media, unpatched software etc.
Encryption Process Of .2020 Ransomware
.2020 Ransomware encrypts your files via using the extension and it changes your file name by putting the extension as a suffix. The file name will get changed after adding the extension. The file format which get encrypted by this ransomware are images, documents, video, audio, spreadsheets, power-point and etc. The file format which get encrypted are as .doc, .mp3, .mp4, .xls, .ppt, .pptx, .jpg, .jpeg etc.
What Are The Bad Impacts Of .2020 Ransomware
.2020 Ransomware is very harmful and it provides various kinds of hazardous environment. Once it locks your files, it will start doing it’s malicious activities. .2020 Ransomware make your machine inaccessible and you will be unable to open your files. Because of this reason you can say that it is very harmful and you will need a decryption code to open your files. This means that hackers grab the benefits after locking your files.
They warn you to pay the ransom amount in Bitcoin or USD to get the decryption key. They drop the ransom note on your desktop and give a warning message to alert you to pay this amount within a given deadline. If you will fail to pay the amount, your all files will get deleted by them. But you should never pay the amount because there is no guarantee that you will get back your files. So, it is much better that you should use the data recovery software to recover your all files.
Remove .2020 Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .2020 Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .2020 Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .2020 Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .2020 Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .2020 Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .2020 Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .2020 Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .2020 Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.