Do yo want to know about Cipher Ransomware? Are you in need to unlock your files and get rid of Cipher Ransomware? This article will illustrate you about the Cipher Ransomware in details and how will you make your PC free from this virus.
|Type:||File Encrypting Virus|
|Short Definition:||It encrypt files and demand ransom to decrypt it.|
|Distribution Method:||spam email attachments, peer to peer file network, etc.|
|Encryption:||AES-128 and RSA-2048|
|Extension:||.thor, .odin, .osiris, .zepto|
|Detection:||Scan Cipher Ransomware Quickly|
An Overview Of Cipher Ransomware
Cipher Ransomware is a currently detected file encrypting virus which invade in your system to lock each and every file. This malware get into your system without any permission via different method like spam email attachments, peer to peer file transfer network, drive by downloads, unpatched software, social media, online ads etc. Cipher Ransomware mostly want to trick users to grab money. It actually locks your all files by the encryption method and demand to pay the ransom.
What Are The Medium By Which Cipher Ransomware Encrypt Your Files
Cipher Ransomware encrypted the files by the AES-128 and RSA-2048 cryptographic algorithm. The file which get locked by this algorithm are images, documents, power-point, spreadsheet, etc. An the files format which are encrypted are as .jpg, .jpeg, .doc, .ppt, .xls and so on. The file name get chaned by adding the suffix in this encryption process. The extension which are used as the suffix to encrypt the file names are .thor, .odin, .osiris, .zepto etc.
The Scenario Of Cipher Ransomware By Which Your System Get Spoil
Cipher Ransomware is very dangerous for your system as it locks every files. You never expect that how much it is harmful. When your files will get locked you will be totally unable to access it and need the decryption code. For this, you will get the ransom note from the hackers side. They drop this ransom note in the form of _WHAT_is.bmp and _WHAT_is.html. They warn you that you must have to pay the cash within a given deadline. If you will be fail to pay the amount your all files will get deleted and you will lose your data permanently. So, it is much better that you should create the data back up or you can also use the data recovery software to restore your data. It is advised here that you should not pay the amount. There is zero guarantee that you will get the decryption code after paying the amount. You can also follow the guideline here to remove Cipher Ransomware permanently.
How To Remove Cipher Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Cipher Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Cipher Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Cipher Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.