|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware as threat to your computer|
|FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Cylance||3.5.813617||Trj.Win32.FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware.AA|
|Alibaba||1.459603||Variant of Win64/Trojan.FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware.C|
|ZeusTracker||8.1.839||PerfectCleaner, Teensearch Bar|
|Suggestion: Uninstall FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware Completely – Free Download|
FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them SmartWrap 2.9.0 , WinTel 3.0 , HTML-Adressbuch 1.0 , TessOCR 1.06 , LifePaint 1.1 , Evolver 3.5.1f2 , FruitJuice 2.0.31 , StoryBoard Artist 5.1 , iMacsoft iPhone Photo to Transfer , ScrabbleCalcX 1.0 , Touch the Music 1.21 , Pluto Patrol 1.0 , BlazeFS 1.0 , Avalon by Night Desktop Picture , Apple .Slides Publisher , Silverfish 1.0 , Visual Watermark 4.17 , Eudora Speakable Nicknames 1.0.1 , MetaMovie 2.0.1
Detailed Threat Analysis Of FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware
FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware is a recently reported malware that has file encrypting capabilities and hence has been classified as a ransomware. The ransomware was reported by cyber security researchers and has been identified to be using open source codes to target users and encrypt several kinds of files using strong and secure encryption algorithms. The main motive behind such attack is to make the files available with the users as unrecognizable by the existing operating system. Since the files get encrypted and their extension changes the files cannot be used by the users as before. The ransomware then leaves a ransom note behind that is to serve instructions to the users and inform them about the attack. FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware leaves the instruction in a text file that gives the contact details as it doesn’t specify the ransom amount. Users are assumed to be left with no other choice but to contact and pay ransom. However such affected users should know that black-hat hackers are not known to hold to their promise and the contact can be used as an opportunity to harm the system by sending malware hidden as a decryption key. Cyber-criminals are known to simply ignore affected users once they have obtained a ransom amount. Therefore it would be wise not to contact these threat actors under any circumstance.
FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware has been observed to be using deceiving methods to spread itself. It can be installed within the system from software bundles that are typically obtained from sites hosting freeware. These bundles generally carry infected payload hidden within legitimate file formats and hence can not be easily detected by users while installing them. Users may also obtain spam messages that carry the ransomware payload which are embedded as macros within the documents that are attached within these spam mails. These messages are crafted with urgent and alarming subject lines meant to catch users attention. The text carries names of reputed firms and brands that make them appear as legitimate. Hence users can unknowingly install FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware by enabling the infectious scripts while reading such documents.
FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware immediately drops its payload within several of system’s directories and makes modifications within the registry sub-keys. It encrypts the files with AES and RSA algorithms and adds an extension to the files. The ransom note can be found within the system, which asks users to contact at emails mentioned in the note. However, users can remove the FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware by following these steps.
A: How To Remove FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by FenixLocker 2.0 ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.