|Reported on:||August 2015|
|Short Definition:||It is a ransomware which demand money to decrypt data.|
|Distribution Method:||spam mail attachments, freeware|
|Detection:||Try KwaakLocked Ransomware Scanner now|
An Introduction To KwaakLocked Ransomware
KwaakLocked Ransomware is an open source hidden tear ransomware variant that was reported in August 2015. This ransomware virus is similar to RabboLock Ransomware however it slightly differs in mode of operation. It targeted the Korean region and has infected 96 PCs till now.
Encryption Process Of KwaakLocked Ransomware
KwaakLocked Ransomware is very dangerous virus infection for your PC. It locks your files using strong ciphers which is called as AES-256 algorithm. It uses the extension to locks your all files as '.kwaaklocked' and the ransom note which is written as 'READ_IT.txt.' The file when get changed by this ransomware is look like fighting document.ppt to fighting document.ppt.kwaaklocked. The files which get locked after the encryption process are:
KwaakLocked Ransomware – Distribution Method
KwaakLocked Ransomware invades your system silently without your permission. KwaakLocked Ransomware spreads into the system through spam mail attachments, peer to peer file transfer process, shareware, freeware, clicking on malicious links, visiting low quality websites etc. These are the popular trick to penetrate this virus into your system.
KwaakLocked Ransomware – Bad Activities
KwaakLocked Ransomware is very harmful and provide critical circumstances to your computer. It locks every files and demand the ransom money from the victim. The ransom demand is in the form of bitcoin. When you will try to open your files, you will get a ransom note on your desktop suddenly. At this moment your wallpaper color will get changed and the hackers drop this ransom note to warn you about the payment. They give you a deadline to pay the money and also mention an email ID to contact them. If you will not pay the fee to get the decryption key, they will delete your all files permanently. Use data recovery software to restore your files. Also you can easily get back your files by using the data back up in external drive. You can also follow the instruction here for removing KwaakLocked Ransomware from your computer. This guide will help you a lot to fully delete this ransomware infection because it has mentioned both manual as well as automatic elimination instruction.
How To Remove KwaakLocked Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End KwaakLocked Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the KwaakLocked Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall KwaakLocked Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all KwaakLocked Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall KwaakLocked Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete KwaakLocked Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete KwaakLocked Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all KwaakLocked Ransomware related programs.
Remove KwaakLocked Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all KwaakLocked Ransomware related entries.
Remove KwaakLocked Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the KwaakLocked Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free KwaakLocked Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.