|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected LimboCrypt Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|LimboCrypt Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|URLQuery||4.107312||Variant of Win64/Trojan.LimboCrypt Ransomware.C|
|Trustwave||7.4.133||IESearch, iWon Search Assistant|
|Suggestion: Uninstall LimboCrypt Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
LimboCrypt Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Sorenson Broadcaster Updater 1.1.1b2 , Where To Focus 0.5 , NagiQ 1.0 , ShapeShape 2.0 , iConvrate 2.0 , xkcd Review 1.1.1 , ExposurePro 2.0.6 , MouseScratcher 1.1 , PopCopy 2.3 , Musicbed DV 1.6.1 , Maestro: Music of Death Collector’s Edition 1.0 , Titanium7 7.4 , Firium 1.1 , ShareMate , Dragon Dictate Medical 3.0.5 , Budget Workbook 1.7.5 , XMenu 1.9.7 , The Green Sea Turtle 1.01
LimboCrypt Ransomware: Detailed Description
LimboCrypt Ransomware is a newly discovered variant of malware belonging to a well-known family of ransomware. The said malware is extremely dangerous and has been found to be infecting several systems all across the globe. Many ransomware has been generated using the source code of this family and all these ransomware share the same objective of retrieving ransom from the affected users. LimboCrypt Ransomware can be assumed to have been targeted for vulnerable systems of a particular region as its ransom note carries content in a local language. The ransomware is capable of encrypting files of multiple formats. It has been found out that it uses strong and secure encryption algorithm to encrypt these files and render them inaccessible to users. Soon after this attack it leaves a ransom note that informs users and asks them to contact developers behind the attack, to receive further information. Users are assumed to be left with no choice other than following attacker’s demand. However this is not true as even though the ransomware has made files inaccessible, they can still be restored as users will find out further in this post.
LimboCrypt Ransomware has been observed to be spreading through deceiving means such as using spam mails and software bundles. The ransomware makes changes within the system’s registry to relaunch itself every time the system reboots. It can even delete windows shadow volume copies to disable restoration of files though backup option. Soon it encrypts files such as audio, video, documents, databases, images, texts, backups and archives. It has been found that LimboCrypt Ransomware uses AES algorithm to encrypt files and adds extension to the original names of the files. This makes the encrypted files to become unrecognizable by the operating system and hence can not be executed by users. Such files can be identified as carrying a white icon and their names modified. Soon the ransomware leaves a ransom note. This note serves to inform users about the LimboCrypt Ransomware and gives details regarding the steps that are needed to be executed by users in order to obtain a decryption key. The note mentions that users can only decrypt that files using their own private key and hence should contact none other than the developers. LimboCrypt Ransomware does not specify any ransom amount in the note but mentions that users will get a reply letter regarding the same. However it would be wise for affected users to simply ignore such demands and follow this post to remove the ransomware.
How To Remove LimboCrypt Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End LimboCrypt Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the LimboCrypt Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall LimboCrypt Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all LimboCrypt Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall LimboCrypt Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete LimboCrypt Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete LimboCrypt Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all LimboCrypt Ransomware related programs.
Remove LimboCrypt Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all LimboCrypt Ransomware related entries.
Remove LimboCrypt Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the LimboCrypt Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free LimboCrypt Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.