|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected Meds Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|Meds Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|URLQuery||2.805251||Variant of Win64/Trojan.Meds Ransomware.C|
|Suggestion: Uninstall Meds Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
Meds Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Hidden World of Art 1.10 , Scriboard 1.5.2 , JFormula 3.6 , MyPopBarrier 3.0.3 , Cubis Creatures 1.0 , Aimersoft DVD Creator , vTunes 4.1 , Step Seq 1.0 , Pixen 3.8.1 , Mactracker 7.3.3 , UK Campsite Finder 1.1 , OT/PPP Toggle 2.2.1 , Grand Staff AU 2.2 , iBlog 2.0 RC3
Depth-Analysis On Meds Ransomware
According to the cyber security analysts, Meds Ransomware is yet another file-encrypting virus which was reported recently. This malware was reported by the computer users who have already been affected by this ransomware because they had lost access to their important system files. The threat have the ability to encode the crucial system files and appends extension to them. In most of the cases, the malicious files that works as a payload of this precarious virus may appears as a PDF or DOCX files attached within spam emails.
However, opening spam email folders arrived from unknown sources and double-clicking on the attached file may lead to the intrusion of Meds Ransomware on your targeted Windows computer. Although, this is just a scam used by criminal hackers in order to spread this malware all around the world and infect as much as system users as possible. Typically, the threat tries to trick the users into downloading or opening the file attached to spam email. As a result, when a fake document is loaded in the foreground, the Meds Ransomware started its malicious activities onto the computer’s background.
Malicious Doings Of Meds Ransomware
Besides, the ransomware can also be downloaded after visiting malware-laden websites and dropped to the Temp folder for initiating its harmful activities silently. It mainly targets the specific files in order to encode them by adding a weird file extension to those targeted data. The Meds Ransomware threat applies strong AES encryption algorithm to make the vital files like spreadsheets, documents, images, audio, presentations, videos, text and databases stored on victim’s machine completely inaccessible. After encoding the targeted file types, the malware displays a ransom notification that can easily be identified and usually gets dropped onto the affected system’s desktop.
What You Need To Do After Meds Ransomware Attack?
According to the ransom note displayed by the cyber extortionists after this vicious attack, the users of compromised machines need to contact the operators of Meds Ransomware through mentioned contact channels. Unfortunately, the encoded can not be easily retrieved because the ransomware is capable of deleting Shadow Volume copies of the data. What’s more, paying asked ransom money is never recommended because it only boosts the evil moral of criminal hackers to develop other precarious threats instead of providing a decryptor needed for file restoration. Therefore, you should remove Meds Ransomware using a credible anti-malware tool and try to recover your vital data through backup copies or employing a trustworthy data recovery software.
A: How To Remove Meds Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Meds Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Meds Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Meds Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Meds Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Meds Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Meds Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Meds Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Meds Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.