|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected RegretLocker ransomware as threat to your computer|
|RegretLocker ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|CrowdStrike Falcon (ML)||4.5.339329||Trj.Win32.RegretLocker ransomware.BA|
|AVG||4.503401||Variant of Win32/Trojan.RegretLocker ransomware.B|
|Suggestion: Uninstall RegretLocker ransomware Completely – Free Download|
RegretLocker ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them AVCWare Online Video Converter , CrashReport Killer 1.2 , Montessori Crosswords 1.1 , VideoMark 2.1 , The Nutrition Tool Box 1.6 , iShow X 1.0 , Snap Shots Add-On 2.0 , Aiseesoft iPhone 4 to Transfer , DownLog E/R 2.1 , iServices Trojan Removal Tool 1.1 , Crash Reporter Preference Pane 1.1 , Solera 2.3.4 , Amacsoft PDF to ePub , OpenLink ODBC Driver for Sybase 6.01.1113 , Sim R2D2 2.0 , RadioTracker 1.8.1 , Practiquemos 2.1.5b , Seven Seas Solitaire 1.1.2
An Over view Of RegretLocker ransomware
RegretLocker ransomware is a file encoder trojan which locks all your files into the system. It has infected several PCs till now. It encrypts all files to demand ransom from the victim. It is very dangerous and provide a severe damage to your PC. You will lose all of your data while it starts to encrypt your files. You will require the decryption key to unlock your files.
How Does RegretLocker ransomware To Spread Into Your System
RegretLocker ransomware spreads into your system via peer to peer file transfer, spam e-mail attachments, visiting low quality websites, unpatched software, social media etc.
Know About The Encryption Process Of RegretLocker ransomware
RegretLocker ransomware encrypts your files by the AES cipher. It provides the alert message which is a screen locker and uses the default extension. It encrypts the data like images, audio, video, text and database. It changes the file formats like .jpg, .png, .jpeg, .doc, .xls, .ppt etc. This ransom ware provides white text on a blue screen on the top.
What Are The Bad Scenario Of RegretLocker ransomware
RegretLocker ransomware provides a harmful environment to the PC and make user as victim. It give the warning message on the desktop which contains malicious messages. It has the capability to warn you to pay the demanded ransom amount which is considerable. It gives the deadline to victim that they must have to pay within a given time. RegretLocker ransomware warns users that if they fail to pay the amount, all their files will get deleted. This is a process to cheat you because the hackers are not going to provide you any decryption code to unlock your files. It is not guaranteed that you will get any unlocking key so you should not pay the amount. You should use the data recover tool to recover your all data. You can also follow the instruction here to remove RegretLocker ransomware quickly from your computer.
A: How To Remove RegretLocker ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill RegretLocker ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the RegretLocker ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall RegretLocker ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all RegretLocker ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore RegretLocker ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing RegretLocker ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing RegretLocker ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by RegretLocker ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.