Introduction to Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware
Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware identified as a harmful and dangerous ransomware which belongs to the file encrypting family. It has reported on the 2nd week of June 2018. It is a version of Sacarb ransomware and have infected upto 71 PCs till now. It utilizes RaaS kit or Ransomware as a Service. It has several malicious tasks and once it penetrates into your system. It locks your all files and folders. It intrude into your system without your permission with a stealthy method. According to the malware researchers, Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware can infect all versions of Windows operating system. After invading your system, it starts to scan your entire hard drive and saved files. After scanning the system it starts to encrypt your files and make it inaccessible.
How Does Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware Penetrate Into Your Machine
Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware invades your system via spam mail attachments, peer to peer file transfer, freeware, drive by downloads etc. These all are a vital methods by which it penetrates into your system to spreads its own malicious activities.
Encryption Process Of Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware
Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware uses the extension as [email protected] It uses the cipher algorithm as RSA-2048. The files that get changes from this ransomware are audio, video, documents, images, text, backup etc. It erases all shadow volume copies which are created by the Windows operating system. This happens only due to the command which is as “vssadmin.exe delete shadows /all /Quiet”.
Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware – Harmful Effects
Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware is very hazardous virus which locks your files and when the process to lock your data is complete. It drops a ransom note on your desktop when you will try to open those files. The hackers warn you to pay the ransom amount in bitcoin. The criminals also give you a deadline to pay the amount. If you will be fail to pay the fee for getting the decryption key, your all files will be deleted by them. And if you will pay the amount, there is zero guarantee that you will get back your files or a decryption key to unlock the files. This is only the trick to cheat you. You should never pay the ransom fee. If you have a data recovery software, you can easily restore your deleted files. Also you can create a data backup by using the external drive. So, there is no need to pay the amount always use an authentic way by which you can easily get back your files.
A: How To Remove Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Scarab-FastRecovery Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.