Are you trying to get rid of SlimCleaner Plus? But fails all the time. Then do not panic just follow the steps that is given below at the end of the post. The removal steps definitely helps you all the way to remove SlimCleaner Plus from infected system. Follow the steps carefully.
SlimCleaner Plus : Get Complete Knowledge About The PUP
SlimCleaner Plus is a PC program can help you clean your system, remove junk files and clean your PC registry, but not so well. After a short usage time, this program allows you to purchase the professional version for a certain amount. But in reality you can spend money on a "dummy". It is a potentially unwanted program, not a virus, so the antivirus software can not detect it. SlimCleaner Plus also distributes your files across your computer and then removing this PUP will be very difficult. This dubious program can collect your personal or sensitive credential and send it on to third parties. This can slow down your PC. The sole purpose of the developers is that you click or install unwanted programs on system to generate revenue from It. The program is not looks like a useful, so you should remove it right away.
SlimCleaner Plus : Threat Summary
PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program)
slow and sluggish PC performance, redirections, fake downloads etc.
Suspicious downloads, fake links, awful sites, file sharing etc.
What Are The Reasons Behind Installation Of SlimCleaner Plus?
As you read SlimCleaner Plus is classed similar to a number of potentially unwanted programs. These programs enter a PC without the user's approval. Typically, the PUP comes into a system packed with free software bundles such as music or video players, convert or files etc. Malware can be stored in Download Managers or in Installation Managers. You must remember a few simple things to protect your PC from the penetration of potentially unwanted programs. Always follow the installation process carefully. In addition, select "Advanced or Custom" installation screen to view the hidden installation additional. Do not press "Next" if you are not sure of any part of the program. Read the EULA of this program and use the special programs that help you protect your PC.
You should do something really quick to remove SlimCleaner Plus from infected PC completely. To do the removal use a trusted anti-malware on compromised system. You can also go for manual removal that is given at the end of the post.
Learn To Remove SlimCleaner Plus Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete SlimCleaner Plus Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of SlimCleaner Plus Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to SlimCleaner Plus related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from SlimCleaner Plus On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing SlimCleaner Plus from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.