|Displayed publisher: Solk.pro|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Solk.pro|
|Program executable: Solk.pro.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\Solk.pro\Solk.pro.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) Solk.pro.dll|
|Adware.Win32.Solk.pro.CC by CMC|
|Variant of Win32/AdWare.Solk.pro.C by Webutation|
|Free Scratch and Win by Avast-Mobile|
|Remove Solk.pro Now !|
Solk.pro may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Vampire Ventures 1.02.0 , FlickrExport for Aperture 4.1.2 , Faceless 1.102.0 , Apple MacBook Air (Late 2010) Software Update 2.0 , Social Network Visualiser 0.81 , Rocket Golf Lite 1.04 , Bubble Bazinga 1.2 , MailDeliveryTool 0.82 , Ocean Waves 2.0.1 , iconCompo 3.7.2 , Xilisoft Video Converter Platinum 6 , Caliander 1.2.1 , Remember? 4.6.1 , Xiafunge 1.0.9 , Vacation Quest – The Hawaiian Islands 1.0
This post is all about Solk.pro. It contains all information about Solk.pro, its proliferation channel, harmful effects and removal guide. So, keep reading this post completely.
Information Of Solk.pro In Short
In the Internet, there are several useful program is available that claims web surfer to enhance their browsing experience and deliver several beneficial features. But only few of the System users know that all program is not useful at all. Some of them are designed by hackers with wrong intention and among all of them, Solk.pro is one of the most suspicious and unwanted program listed by security analysts under the adware category.
No Need To Believe On Solk.pro
On the initial inspection, Solk.pro pretends itself as a very helpful one that claims web surfer to enjoy several features in their PC. But team of System security experts are classified it as an adware that is mainly known to download the web beacons and track the users cookies. It automatically adds some icon to navigation bar and present the System users with interactive menu that displays several games. According to the researchers it is a clone of an infamous program and it is ranked as the poor program.
Propagation Channels Of Solk.pro
Being a nasty adware program, Solk.pro uses various methods to infect Windows PC. But among all the most common and popular distribution channel is bundling method. When System users download and cost-free application or shareware packages using default installation option, it automatically gets inside the PC. Therefore, it is suggested by expert that Windows users must be attentive while performing the download and installation procedure. Another sources of its infiltration are spam messages, torrent downloads, pirated software, hacked sites, online games etc.
Harmful Effects Of Solk.pro
Doesn’t matter how Solk.pro proliferates inside the machine. Once it enters into machine successfully, it will causes several serious issues which as a result you have to face with various troubles. Some of the common issues made by Solk.pro are as follows :
- Make several unwanted modifications to browser settings.
- Causes web redirection issue by redirecting web searches result on malicious sites.
- Displays several unwanted and annoying ads on users screen.
- Steals users all personal details and share them with remote attackers.
- Opens backdoor and bring several hazardous threats etc.
Learn To Remove Solk.pro Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Solk.pro Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Solk.pro Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Solk.pro related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Solk.pro On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Solk.pro from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.