Win32/Crowti is a stubborn and vicious Trojan that typically attacks windows PCs and steal personnel data from targeted computer. Once it installs it will root itself deeply into system and start undesired modifications in your PC. It sometimes pop up fake security warning messages stating that your computer is at high risk. You will notice many junk files in your system and Internet speed will be slow down. It has ability to control your system and don't let you to do any online or offline activities. It track your online activities or histories to collect information related to email account, bank detail which may leads to Cyber threats. Your system may shut down suddenly and reboot again. So this virus can do harm to your important programs.
Usually Win32/Crowti crawls into your system via infected external devices like pen drive, HDD etc. it may lurks into your PC through junk mails containing bad attachments files. Clicking on adverts showing deals and offers may be its one one way to enters. Downloading and installing freeware is one of the major cause of this infection. Once Win32/Crowti invades your PC, it will slows down your PC performance. It will creates junk files which will take more disk space. Sometimes it will redirect you to some malicious sites containing lots of ads. Start up and shut down will take more time than before. It may steal your sensitive data that may leads you to financial loss. So it is highly recommended you to uninstall Win32/Crowti as soon as it is detected using Automatic Removal Tool. This tool has powerful algorithm so that it can detect, identify and remove all bad files related to this virus. It provides easy and quick removal.
How to Remove Win32/Crowti from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Win32/Crowti from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Win32/Crowti using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Win32/Crowti
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Win32/Crowti.
Step3: How to Uninstall Win32/Crowti from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Win32/Crowti and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Win32/Crowti and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Win32/Crowti and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Win32/Crowti and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Win32/Crowti Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Win32/Crowti to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Win32/Crowti named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Win32/Crowti entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Win32/Crowti, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.