An Overview Of Zzz12 Ransomware
Zzz12 Ransomware is a Cryptor trojan and has infected 12 machines till now. It is very hazardous and infect the system and locks your all files. You will be unable to access your files and need the decryption key. This ransomware is very harmful as it provide several unwanted scenario to your computer. Your system will get ruin and it is also possible that your entire system will get inaccessible.
How Does Zzz12 Ransomware Penetrate In Your System
Zzz12 Ransomware penetrates via spam e-mail attachments, peer to peer file network transfer, social media, unpatched software, clicking on malicious links, visiting unknown websites and so on. Once this ransomware is loaded, it starts to delete the shadow volume copies of Windows.
How Does Zzz12 Ransomware Encrypt Your Files
Zzz12 Ransomware encrypts the file such as documents, images, power-points, spreadsheets, audio, video etc. The file format which get encrypted are .jpg, .jpeg, .xls, .ppt and so on. The strong cipher as AES-256 is sued to encrypt your all files. The extension is used as '.zzz12.' it is used to change your file name and added at the last of the file name as a suffix. Suppose your file name is “blue sky.jpeg” then it will get converted into “ blue sky.jpeg.zzz12.”
What Are The Hazardous Scenario Of Zzz12 Ransomware
Zzz12 Ransomware is very harmful for your computer as it drop the ransom note on your desktop as 'Notice.txt'. It contains the nasty messages and demand of ransom amount with a contact Email Id which is as : [email protected] The hackers give the deadline of 5 days. They tell you that if you will not pay the amount within 5 days, your all files will get deleted and you will lose your important data. You will become victim and you should not pay the amount. You should use the data recovery software to restore your important files. Paying amount will be not a solution because you will not get any decryption key from them. So, it is much better that you should remove Zzz12 Ransomware quickly from your computer.
Remove Zzz12 Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Zzz12 Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Zzz12 Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Zzz12 Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Zzz12 Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Zzz12 Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Zzz12 Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Zzz12 Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Zzz12 Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.