Get More Knowledge on Search Too Know
If you have been interrupted by annoying ads from Search Too Know program while browsing the web, then it is important for you to know that you are dealing with a kind of potentially unwanted application and adware infection. This program is developed by SuperWeb LLC and if you cannot remember installing this application on your system, then it means that you allowed its installation while downloading and installing other cost-free software on your PC. Such distribution tendencies is known as bundling method. Once Search Too Know PUP find its way to the Windows machine, the very first thing that it does is various modifications of the computer's settings.
Beware that due to such alteration you may not find only unknown browser extensions, add-ons and plug-ins added to your Internet browser, but may also find a new default search tool and start page on your installed web browsers like IE, Opera, Chrome, MS Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and others. However, one of the most obvious sign showing that you're currently dealing with Search Too Know adware is appearance of unwanted advertisements on your computer screen. Typically, these adverts are displayed in the form of banner ads, in-text links, pop-up ads and similar notifications. Although, you may be tricked into clicking on these adverts that claims to help you saving the money during your online shopping sessions.
Why does Search Too Know ads appear on your PC?
In reality, the main objectives of displaying annoying ads from Search Too Know adware is to redirect you to third party web portals seeking to increase their web page ranking, promote their dubious products or services and gain popularity over the Internet using such deceptive method. To sum up, this potentially undesired application should never be kept on your system. If this threat and similar adware programs appeared on your Windows device without directly downloading it, then you should uninstall Search Too Know from your computer as early as possible. For that, you need to run a full system scan using a reliable anti-spyware tool.
How To Prevent Search Too Know Invasion?
In order to avoid the infiltration of such adware-type application on your machine, you should start monitoring the each and every installation steps of freeware and shareware programs. For that purposes, make sure that you should follow the below-mentioned steps that will help your protecting your system from the intrusion of Search Too Know threat or similar programs.
- Download any softwares directly from their official websites.
- Always select Custom or Advanced option for installing any apps.
- Un-check any addition or recommended options while installation method.
Learn To Remove Search Too Know Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Search Too Know Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Search Too Know Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Search Too Know related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Search Too Know On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Search Too Know from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.