|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected Vendetta Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|Vendetta Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Bkav||2.159344||Variant of Win64/Trojan.Vendetta Ransomware.B|
|ZeroCERT||8.3.302||Web Surfer Watcher, WebHancer.A|
|Suggestion: Uninstall Vendetta Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
Vendetta Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Proxifier , MySQL 5.6.20 , The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding , Wizard Hex 1.2.2 , Video Viewer 1.0 , Imposer Pro for InDesign 1.1.4 , Colour Selector 2.1.4 , Garden Rescue Christmas Edition 1.0 , Pronto Patent , ePopsoft iPhone Video Converter Standard , Repair FX 2.0.0
Complete Information About Vendetta Ransomware
Vendetta Ransomware is related to a Ransomware family but it is entirely unique in its nature of attack it carries out in the wild. Researchers have identified it as stand alone malware recently. It was detected by a twitter user as a Trojan sample who incidentally named it. However it is more lethal in its mechanism as it has been designed to target web servers, remote desktop connection as well as Business networks. This is the reason why it should never be taken lightly. Imagine what will happen if your all database will be ransacked by Vendetta Ransomware and you could hardly do anything other than paying out ransom to the petty hackers for accessing your own data at any point of instance. What more it is capable to target and encipher large database files including audio as well as video and image files.
Strategy Used By Vendetta Ransomware
Once these files are enciphered, hackers go on for demanding large amount for the files held hostage and seek payment amounting to few US dollars from victims. Ultimately victims do not have much option other than meeting the demand of hackers if their files are important for them and want to have their data restored at any cost. Vendetta Ransomware is one such nasty malware that enciphers files by adding an extension to the hostage files of the compromised PC. What more it even drop ransom note which are dropped as an executable file with bearing instructions to pay the ransom inorder to restore the data. The ransom note can be loaded on all the web browsers.
What To Do After Vendetta Ransomware Attacks PC
However it is advised not to proceed for the ransom payment to the hackers of Vendetta Ransomware. Instead users whose PC has been compromised with this malware should opt to remove Vendetta Ransomware virus as instructed in the working guide given below. We have illustrated both manual as well as automatic method to counter this threat. Once the PC has been get rid of from Vendetta Ransomware malware, they should opt to restore data using backup or employing data recovery tool.
Remove Vendetta Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Vendetta Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Vendetta Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Vendetta Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Vendetta Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Vendetta Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Vendetta Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Vendetta Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Vendetta Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.