An Outline Sketch Of Virobot Ransomware
Security analysts have come across a newly detected high-risked type of malware virus named as Virobot Ransomware that got firstly identified on 17 September, 2018. It is also called as Virobotnet and Trend Micro revealed that it only targets the users of United States. This crypto-malware programming application is categorized under Ransomware family but doesn't possess any refinement functionality. It is a malware that are known for encrypting important files by using powerful encrypting algorithm and for extorting money in exchange of decryption key from the victimized system users. It is the most destructive kind of system threat which can able to affect any famous browser search engine and all versions of Windows Operating System as well. This virus may infect any computer therefore its strongly recommended to keep backups of the most crucial files with an updated anti-virus.
Virobot Ransomware: Its Sources
Virobot Ransomware is a typical malicious crypto-virus which can easily get spread through online gaming sites, spam emails, unverified websites, porn sites, freeware, peer to peer file sharing networks, cracked or pirated software, downloading torrents, contaminated external devices and so on. According to some senior programmers reports this malware can work as a both keylogger as well as a botnet. The main aim is to invade the system files and its confidential data may be of any type like documents, files, music, audios, videos, texts etc even without any user authorization. The cyber spammers will compels you to pay money for your own files with some given time limit. It can demand ransom amount through BitCoin or Monero and also threatens to delete all your files if you don’t pay.
Why Virobot Ransomware Is Dangerous
Several unusual types of abnormal behavior is shown by the compromised system due to the presence of this Virobot Ransomware they are as given below:
- Some malicious codings are injected into the hard disk of the affected system.
- Flooding of plenty of fake messages and alters the system settings.
- Affects, appends or deletes the system files stored on infected machine.
- All the crucial documents gets corrupted and disables the useful applications.
- The security system of the affected machine is blocked and also decreases the system performance.
- All the system files gets encrypted and demands ransom money from the end user for restoration of files.
Virobot Ransomware : Its Termination
The smartest solution for the termination of this Virobot Ransomware from the affected system is by using automatic or manual technical steps are to be followed by the user to get rid off easily.
A: How To Remove Virobot Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Virobot Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Virobot Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Virobot Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Virobot Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Virobot Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Virobot Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Virobot Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Virobot Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.