|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected .Waldo file virus as threat to your computer|
|.Waldo file virus is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Comodo||3.2.455209||Trj.Win64..Waldo file virus.AB|
|Arcabit||4.452539||Variant of Win64/Trojan..Waldo file virus.A|
|Suggestion: Uninstall .Waldo file virus Completely – Free Download|
.Waldo file virus may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them The Timebuilders: Caveman’s Prophecy 2.0 , RCDefaultApp 2.1 , Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast 1.03d , GBMidiXtractor 2.0 , Personal Site Administrator 1.0 , Cre4my 1.0 , Hollow Ground 1.2.6 , LiveCode 22.214.171.12425 , Callisto 1.1 , Notio 1.20 , CoverToaster 2.0.2 , Urban Legends: The Maze 2.0
Actions Performed By .Waldo file virus
.Waldo file virus is identified by security analysts as another crypto demanding virus belongs to a ransomware family. Being an invasive and intrusive infection, it penetrates inside the PC silently and after that it immediately stops the security software. It creates its copies and add to registry so that it can start itself automatically when you restart your Computer. It uses asymmetric AES cipher algorithm to lock users targeted files such as audios, videos, images, databases, documents, PDFs and many more. Similar to another crypto demanding cyber threat, .Waldo file virus encrypts users files just only for financial purposes because after locking files, it asks victims to pay large sum of ransom fee. It often displays ransom note that includes instruction on how to make contact with cyber crooks or pay ransom fee.
Ways Through Which Recognize The Affected Files Of .Waldo file virus
.Waldo file virus is really worrisome ransomware infection that is specifically designed by applying custom AES-256 cipher. The affected files of this ransomware are featured with the blank icons and the executing program often minimized to taskbar and the open source for new program window entitled as “Uninstall”. However the window of .Waldo file virus is not generated by the Microsoft Windows. After getting it’s ransom message, most of the System users decided to pay ransom fee to decrypt files. If you are also one of those affected users who decided to pay ransom fee to creators of .Waldo file virus then it is one of your bad decision because there is zero guarantee that your files will be decrypted even paying large sum of ransom fee. Instead of paying the large sum of ransom fee, users are highly advised to get rid of .Waldo file virus ASAP.
Remove .Waldo file virus From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .Waldo file virus in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .Waldo file virus using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .Waldo file virus
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .Waldo file virus related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .Waldo file virus Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .Waldo file virus related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .Waldo file virus virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .Waldo file virus infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.