Depth-Analysis on Apophis Squad ransomware
Apophis Squad ransomware is a newly detected file-encoder virus which was identified by the cyber security investigators on the third week of April, 2018. According to the malware researchers, this malware is an update version of Jigsaw ransomware. In this case, the users of Windows computers may get infected with this notorious cyber threat through malicious spam email campaigns and the macro-enabled DOCX files. In order to threatens the victimized computer users, the hackers behind Apophis Squad ransomware encrypts the files stored onto the machine and asks ransom money that should be paid in between 24 hours after the attack of this malware.
Cyber extortionists especially programmed this malware to encipher the user-generated precious files like images, spreadsheets, documents, audio, presentations, video files, movies, musics and databases. To make the encoded data completely inaccessible for the victims of Apophis Squad ransomware, the threat uses the combination of RSA and AES ciphers. After encrypting the targeted system files, the threat delivers the decryption key to the Command & Control server operated by criminal hackers. Moreover, you can easily identify the files encrypted by this ransomware, because it is known to place specific extension identified as '.fun' onto every enciphered data.
Working Principles of Apophis Squad ransomware
The victims of this malware are presented with a program window which informs about the encryption of files stored on their system and also consists the information on paying asked ransom money. Ransom notification displayed by this ransomware is generated with the help of a file reported as 'msiexec.exe' which supposedly claims to help the system users into downloading a decryptor for Apophis Squad ransomware which is extremely needed to decode the enciphered files. However, to provide a decryption key, hackers behind this malware demands a hefty sum of ransom money as well. Based on the recent research report published by team of security analysts, the ransomware deletes the Shadow Volume copies and also erases the System Restore points onto the compromised machine.
What to do after Apophis Squad ransomware attack?
Cyber security researchers strongly advise system users against contacting the racketeers and even paying the asked ransom money. In such circumstances, all you need to do is to delete the Apophis Squad ransomware from your computer as early as possible by using a powerful anti-malware shield and then try to recover important system files using backup copies or alternative data recovery solutions.
Apophis Squad ransomware Also Detected As:
- malicious_confidence_100% (W)
How To Remove Apophis Squad ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Apophis Squad ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Apophis Squad ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Apophis Squad ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Apophis Squad ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Apophis Squad ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Apophis Squad ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Apophis Squad ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Apophis Squad ransomware related programs.
Remove Apophis Squad ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Apophis Squad ransomware related entries.
Remove Apophis Squad ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Apophis Squad ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Apophis Squad ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.