If your System files are locked with .Wcry file extension and want to restore them easily without paying a single penny then you are at the right place. This post contains detailed information about this variant of ransomware, its payload and how can you eliminate it from your affected PC easily. Follow the removal instruction carefully and get rid of Wcry ransomware successfully.
Summary of Wcry ransomware
|Threat's Name||Wcry ransomware|
|Affected OS||Windows OS|
|Description||It will encrypt your all System files with 160 different extensions on your PC.|
|Distribution Ways||Freeware and shareware packages, torrent files, spam campaigns, infected devices, hacked sites, online games, infected devices etc.|
|Symptoms||It will encrypt your all stored files and displays a ransom message.|
|Is Removal Possible||Yes, see the detailed instructions below.|
Depth Analysis of Wcry ransomware
Wcry ransomware is a newly detected variant of ransomware. This variant of ransomware is able to infect all version of Windows OS such as Windows Server 2000, Server 2005, Server 2008, NT, Me, XP, 7, Vista, 8 and the latest version Windows 10. Similar to the other variant of ransomware, it also penetrates into the user PC secretly via spam campaigns and freeware packages. When you open any messages or emails that sent from the unknown senders or download any freeware packages from the Internet, it secretly gets inside the user System.
Once Wcry ransomware successfully infiltrated into the user PC, it will encrypt all file format using strong AES-128 cryptography. It appends .wcry file extension at the end of the filenames to make data or files inaccessible. This variant of ransomware encrypts files with little over than 160 different file formats or extensions. On the completion of encryption, procedure, it opens a pop-up window with the ransom demand message. This message states that your System files are encrypted and they can only be restored by using a unique private key.
Unfortunately, the decryption or private key is stored on a remote server that controlled by the developers of this ransomware. In order to get the key, developers ask victims to pay the ransom amount within a given time frame which costs are really bombed. It also states that, if you do not pay the ransom fee within the given time frame then you will lose your data forever. Despite these demands, hackers should never be trusted. According to the experts, you will not go to get any private or decryption key even paying off the ransom money. Therefore, you should not make a deal with cyber offenders. To get back your encrypted files, first of all, you have to eliminate Wcry ransomware from your PC completely. Scroll down and get the best removal solution.
How To Remove Wcry ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Wcry ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Wcry ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Wcry ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.