ArcadeApp Search is deemed as a browser add-on which is developed by Superappbox and can be easily found at Chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arcadeapp-search/eiocplpcecacffckmennjpibggdajmnf. It claims to give all the best features to users. But in true terms the sole motive of this extension is to draw traffic to publisher's website. Once installed it brings undesired changes in the Chrome New Tab page. Although it is worth mentioning that such changes are not going to harm installed Chrome browser or to PC as such. However, since ArcadeApp Search gets installed even without users consent so it can be annoying at times. It is mainly concerned with games and can be beneficial for those who like online games and seek such platform but it does not host any of the games by its own developers. It only serves as medium for providing links of third party gaming websites.
The search engine web page that is provided and supported by this chrome extension is not suspicious but it changes the default set primary search engine to Play.eanswers.com. It is associated with ads and are promotional that might interrupt users gaming experience. So it would be better to remove ArcadeApp Search if you are not interested in online games. Since ArcadeApp Search is associated to Eanswers.com and its makers can make use of information such what kind of sites users are visiting while they are surfing online. Such information can be used for behavioral surfing and search marketing for giving relevant search results keeping the interest of the users in view. It can further display the ads and offers using the space at the bottom and left corner of the screen thus not letting users view complete webpage. This is why it is better to uninstall ArcadeApp Search. As far as its uninstallation is concerned, it can be done manually easily by making use of Chrome's Browser add-on manager. If you are unable to do so, kindly go through the instruction given below.
Learn To Remove ArcadeApp Search Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete ArcadeApp Search Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of ArcadeApp Search Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to ArcadeApp Search related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from ArcadeApp Search On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing ArcadeApp Search from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.