Descriptive Note On Search Privacy Chrome extension
Search Privacy Chrome extension is another Chrome extension promoted on user’s browser as helpful one. It has a description of ‘Make every search private’ that promoted on user’s all installed browser including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer. At the first sight, it seems as a really trustworthy one that claims user to stop search engine from tracking you by leading you to searchprivacy.com. But you should not believe on it because it is a deceptive web browser extension created by an adware developer. So, team of security experts are listed Search Privacy Chrome extension under the potentially unwanted program category.
A Quick Analysis View On Search Privacy Chrome extension
|Name||Search Privacy Chrome extension|
|Promoted As||Helpful Chrome extension|
|Category||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Related||Mvideo.pro, Your Photo Editor toolbar, Wasterestinfor.info etc.|
|Targeted Browsers||Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and many more.|
|Primary Goal||Tricks Windows user by displaying adverts and earn online money from them.|
|Deletion||Possible, to delete Search Privacy Chrome extension easily and completely you must use Windows Scanner Tool.|
Causes Behind Occurrences of Search Privacy Chrome extension
Search Privacy Chrome extension can be downloaded and installed from it’s official domain. But most of the times, it is carried by the legitimate or usual repositories. It’s developer often uses bundling method to download and install such an extension because they knows very well that most of the Computer users often perform the installation procedure in hurry. So, hackers hides payload of such a dubious extension along with freeware packages. To avoid system having Search Privacy Chrome extension or other payload of potentially unwanted program, user’s must be attentive while performing the installation procedure.
Reasons To Delete Search Privacy Chrome extension Immediately
As soon as Search Privacy Chrome extension launches on user machine successfully, it will immediately replace user’s default search engine and read user’s crucial data stored on visited site. Just because of the appearances of this dubious extension, you will be redirected to third-party site each time while surfing web. It also annoys the targeted users or victims by displaying endless annoying adverts in the various form including banners, full window ads, in-text ads etc. Unfortunately, there is no any real promises made by Search Privacy Chrome extension developer. So, team of security expert’s are highly advised System users to perform successful Search Privacy Chrome extension removal instruction immediately after noticing of it’s any harmful symptom.
Learn To Remove Search Privacy Chrome extension Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Search Privacy Chrome extension Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Search Privacy Chrome extension Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Search Privacy Chrome extension related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Search Privacy Chrome extension On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Search Privacy Chrome extension from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.