This post aims help you to delete Hi.fo from your browsers easily and completely. Keep reading this post carefully and follow the step by step removal instruction as in the exact order which is provided at the end of this post.
Summary of Hi.fo
|Threat’s Type||Browser Hijacker|
|Affected Browsers||Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and much more.|
|Description||Hi.fo is another deceptive search domain that takes over the entire browser by modifying existing default webpage or homepage.|
|Occurrences||Freeware & shareware installers, torrent hackers, pirated software, spam emails or junk mail attachments etc.|
|Symptoms||Downpour performance speed, alters browser as well as crucial settings, blocks user to revert settings back and much more.|
Complete Details of Hi.fo
Belonging to the category of browser hijacker, Hi.fo is really one of the most destructive System threat that faced by almost all Computer users. This threat has the ability to lurks inside your PC silently and performs several malevolent activities. Although, it appears as a legitimate search provider that claims user to enhance surfing experience. Along with the search box, it comes with several advertisements. The appearances of this domain is really attractive but it is not safe for Windows PC. When you enter any text or search any query from the provided search box, you will get the result from the Google database. This domain has no any database, it acts just like a mediator between user and Google. Therefore, user should not trust and use this domain under any circumstances.
Nasty Behavior Performed By Hi.fo
Once Hi.fo gets inside the PC successfully, first of all, it saved the clandestine by altering file location and name so that user cannot easily detect and remove it. For resting itself long time, it crashes registry editor and firewall security. You can notice the existence of such an infection very easily because it replaces default search engine with it’s associated domain and prevent you from revert changes back. This domain is mainly crafted by the team of cyber hackers along with sole intention to trick innocent user, boost web traffic, promote sponsored services as well as products and most importantly earn online revenues. Apart from these, it occupies large area of PC and degrades System performance speed. There is really no any need to keep such a search engine inside your PC. To get a better surfing experience and avoid PC from further damages, you should delete Hi.fo instantly from your compromised machine.
Potential Sources of Hi.fo Infiltration
- Installation of freeware or shareware packages from untrusted or private domain.
- Sharing files over the P2P in unauthenticated way.
- Use of any infected removable devices for shifting or transferring data from one PC to another.
- Upgrade of OS or installed applications through the redirected or unsafe link.
- Visit of any malicious, porn or hacked sites etc.
Manual Steps to Remove Hi.fo From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Hi.fo related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Hi.fo completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Hi.fo related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Hi.fo and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Hi.fo
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Hi.fo related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Hi.fo related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Hi.fo related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Hi.fo related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Hi.fo from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.