DuckDuckGo : Another Toolbar That Promotes Potentially Unwanted Program
DuckDuckGo is a browser toolbar promoted on user’s machine from it’s official site duckduckgo.com as a helpful one. Since, the visitor of this site has about 15.5 million visitor per month, so it is clear that it’s related domain is useful. At the first glimpse, DuckDuckGo is regarded as a reputable and useful toolbar but actually, it is a type of potentially unwanted program. Yes, you heard absolutely right. Because in reality, duckduckgo.com doesn’t deliver any toolbar for browser. Before knowing too much information about it, you must know that DuckDuckGo is completely untrusted one and you should never believe on it.
An Overview On DuckDuckGo
- Name – DuckDuckGo
- Promoted As – Useful Toolbar
- Type – Potentially Unwanted Program
- Risk Impact –
- Related – HideYourSearch, Privacy Search Plus, Search App – Movies etc.
- Targeted Browsers – Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge etc.
- Sole Purpose – Tricks various Computer users and extort money from them.
- Deletion – Possible, to delete DuckDuckGo completely and make PC free from Potentially Unwanted Program, you must use Windows Scanner Tool.
Ways Through Which DuckDuckGo Developers Compromise Your PC
Since DuckDuckGo is a part of potentially unwanted program, so it often enters inside the machine secretly by disguising itself under freeware or shareware programs. System users also contribute themselves to the distribution peculiarities of such a package as they rush through download and installation wizard in hurry without realizing about the installation of third-party package or bonus programs. So, you must always cautious while executing software installation wizard and you must opt Custom or Advanced installation mode. You must unmark all additional add-ons to avoid installation of any unknown application or toolbar like DuckDuckGo on your machine.
Reasons Behind Considering DuckDuckGo As Disastrous
DuckDuckGo is promoted by it’s developer as a useful and safe one but actually it is a part of potentially unwanted program, so it is confirmed that it is completely unwanted for the targeted machine. Upon the successful installation of such a package, you have to suffer with various hectic issues, some of the most common are :
- Hijacks your browser settings and always redirect you to deliver the poisoned or altered search results.
- Adds various toolbar, add-ons, dubious browser extensions, plug-ins and many more on your browser secretly.
- Exposes user’s available Computer vulnerabilities to others.
- Tracks user’s browsing details, cookies, online history and other crucial information and later share them to hackers.
- Downpours overall working speed of System and browser by eating up too much resources etc.
Apart from these, it has potential to cause other issues, so deletion of DuckDuckGo is highly essential from targeted machine.
Know How to Remove DuckDuckGo – Adware Manually from Web Browsers
Remove malicious Extension From Your Browser
DuckDuckGo Removal From Microsoft Edge
Step 1. Start your Microsoft Edge browser and go to More Actions (three dots “…”) option
Step 2. Here you need to select last Setting option.
Step 3. Now you are advised to choose View Advance Settings option just below to Advance Settings.
Step 4. In this step you have to Turn ON Block pop-ups in order to block upcoming pop-ups.
Uninstall DuckDuckGo From Google Chrome
Step 1. Launch Google Chrome and select Menu option at the top right side of the window.
Step 2. Now Choose Tools >> Extensions.
Step 3. Here you only have to pick the unwanted extensions and click on remove button to delete DuckDuckGo completely.
Step 4. Now go to Settings option and select Show Advance Settings.
Step 5. Inside the Privacy option select Content Settings.
Step 6. Now pick Do not allow any site to show Pop-ups (recommended) option under “Pop-ups”.
Wipe Out DuckDuckGo From Internet Explorer
Step 1 . Start Internet Explorer on your system.
Step 2. Go to Tools option at the top right corner of the screen.
Step 3. Now select Manage Add-ons and click on Enable or Disable Add-ons that would be 5th option in the drop down list.
Step 4. Here you only need to choose those extension that want to remove and then tap on Disable option.
Step 5. Finally Press OK button to complete the process.
Clean DuckDuckGo on Mozilla Firefox Browser
Step 1. Open Mozilla browser and select Tools option.
Step 2. Now choose Add-ons option.
Step 3. Here you can see all add-ons installed on your Mozilla browser and select unwanted one to disable or Uninstall DuckDuckGo completely.
How to Reset Web Browsers to Uninstall DuckDuckGo Completely
DuckDuckGo Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Step 1. Start Resetting Process with Firefox to Its Default Setting and for that you need to tap on Menu option and then click on Help icon at the end of drop down list.
Step 2. Here you should select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
Step 3. Now a small window will appear where you need to pick Reset Firefox and not to click on Start in Safe Mode.
Step 4. Finally click on Reset Firefox again to complete the procedure.
Step to Reset Internet Explorer To Uninstall DuckDuckGo Effectively
Step 1. First of all You need to launch your IE browser and choose “Internet options” the second last point from the drop down list.
Step 2. Here you need to choose Advance tab and then Tap on Reset option at the bottom of the current window.
Step 3. Again you should click on Reset button.
Step 4. Here you can see the progress in the process and when it gets done then click on Close button.
Step 5. Finally Click OK button to restart the Internet Explorer to make all changes in effect.
Clear Browsing History From Different Web Browsers
Deleting History on Microsoft Edge
- First of all Open Edge browser.
- Now Press CTRL + H to open history
- Here you need to choose required boxes which data you want to delete.
- At last click on Clear option.
Delete History From Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer browser
- Now Press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL button simultaneously to get history related options
- Now select those boxes who’s data you want to clear.
- Finally press Delete button.
Now Clear History of Mozilla Firefox
- To Start the process you have to launch Mozilla Firefox first.
- Now press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL button at a time.
- After that Select your required options and tap on Clear Now button.
Deleting History From Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome browser
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL to get options to delete browsing data.
- After that select Clear browsing Data option.
If you are still having issues in the removal of DuckDuckGo from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.