CryptoLocker Ransomware – What is it ?
Being capable of utilizing the Gameover Zeus botnet and contaminated email attachments for propagating across the Internet, CryptoLocker Ransomware is a disastrous ransomware Trojan. Researchers have notified this perilous program mainly victimizing the computer systems having Windows OS installed in them. It very identical to numerous other catastrophic infections of the same group, disseminates itself very silently inside the targeted system, without being notified by the users. This threat once done with the successful dissemination, conducts a series of awful practices in the system. It has been especially crafted by potent cyber spammers with the primary objective of tricking rookie PC users and then generating illegal revenue from them. It for the achievement of this purpose, locks the files stored in the system via utilizing RSA 2048 bit encryption algorithm and then asks victims into making payment of $300 ransom money.
A group of security professionals from the FBI, Interpol, security vendors and vulnerabilities in a crackdown namely ‘Operation Tover’, revealed CryptoLocker Ransomware victimizing around 500,000 people between September 2013 and May 2014. They somehow successful stopped the hackers fortunately. Researchers moreover have reported CryptoLocker Ransomware spawning several clones such as CryptoWall, Crypt0L0cker, TorrentLocker and many more but unassociated Trojans. This has ultimately made the threat more popular as well as hazardous in recent years.
Is CryptoLocker Ransomware yet an infection ?
CryptoLocker Ransomware is no longer a threat as while it’s propagation, all the unprotected Windows PC was vulnerable to the Trojan infection.
Sources of CryptoLocker Ransomware
CryptoLocker Ransomware victimized PCs with an already existing botnet, through malicious email attachments. The ransomware Trojan enciphered files stored on local or mounted network drives. Now since it was not a malware, it did not get propagated across the user’s network on it’s own. Nevertheless, it still do includes potential of posing a lot of damage, as it searched the network extensively, in search of files compatible with it’s corruption.
Tips on How To Recognize CryptoLocker Ransomware ?
Alike those of various other ransomware Trojans, this ones also could not get recognized by users because of it’s tendency of executing itself without asking for the user’s input. In the case of this program, victims just get a message including information of the occurred encryption and suggestion to make ransom payment regarding decryption of enciphered files.
Removal of CryptoLocker Ransomware
A security firm involved in Operation Tover luckily in 2014, gained access over all the keys utilized by crooks, and developed an online CryptoLocker Ransomware decryption tool. This was truly one of the few cases where victims found themselves capable enough of recovering their respective enciphered files without paying asked ransom. However, in generate ransomware cases, the encryption used to be so strong that enciphered files cannot get recovered.
Healthy Measures To Stay One Step Ahead of CryptoLocker Ransomware Attack
Usually CryptoLocker Ransomware and various other ransomware trojans acquire propagation among user’s PC through fake as well as spam emails. Here below some tips have been discussed on how to protect the files from being compromised by CryptoLocker Ransomware :
- Utilize an Internet connection which do helps in avoiding fake emails as well as spam.
- Deactivate Microsoft Office macros by default
- Make usage of an up-to-date antivirus.
- Back up vital files, either online or an external drives.
- Ensure that the operating system existing in the system is updated and patched.
- Do not open suspicious emails or attachments from unverified sources.
Free Scan your Windows PC to detect CryptoLocker Ransomware
How To Remove CryptoLocker Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all CryptoLocker Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out CryptoLocker Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the CryptoLocker Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.
Cryptolocker Ransomware Removal Solution In Other Language