SpeedyPassword : Threat’s Summary
|Description||SpeedyPassword is able to make changes in your default browser settings and replace the pre-set search provider with its own dubious one.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download SpeedyPassword Scanner to confirm the attack of SpeedyPassword virus.|
Get More Knowledge on SpeedyPassword
SpeedyPassword is a kind of potentially undesired application which is developed by SpeedyPC Software. It can be downloaded from its official website www[.]speedypassword[.]com and can also be found on Chrome Web Store. In addition to that, this adware distributed using a deceptive method known as 'bundling' and comes along with some freeware programs that you have recently downloaded and installed on your machine. However, it claims to provide an easy way to the system users for managing and generating their passwords in order to increase their online security.
SpeedyPassword is promoted as a toolbar which also promises to generate, store and encrypt your passwords for the popular social networking websites like Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. Furthermore, it claims to save and manage your passwords related to your credit cards and other multi-media streaming services for protecting them from keyloggers and other destructive computer viruses. Based on the research report, SpeedyPassword toolbar promoted as an extension for Google Chrome and also Chromium-based Internet browsers. However, it is quite important for you to understand that the application requires following privileges on your system:
- Replace the default homepage, search engine and new tab page address.
- Read and modify the data on your each and every visited web portals.
- Read and change your online browsing history and bookmarks as well.
Reasons To Avoid Using SpeedyPassword
This adware threat has the ability to modify your default search tool and homepage and you may find some useful articles on the replaced domain which consists information on creation secure passwords for your online services. Most importantly, you should understand that connection to website associated with SpeedyPassword is not encrypted, instead it may promote itself as a security toolbar. However, it may not capable of encrypting the passwords saved through your new tab page.
Step:1 Remove SpeedyPassword or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for SpeedyPassword or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall SpeedyPassword or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove SpeedyPassword
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of SpeedyPassword from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall SpeedyPassword
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by SpeedyPassword will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of SpeedyPassword
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from SpeedyPassword in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against SpeedyPassword
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting SpeedyPassword while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and SpeedyPassword Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from SpeedyPassword
How to Block SpeedyPassword Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still SpeedyPassword exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about SpeedyPassword Removal