Help! I am getting PUP.QkSee repeatedly on my browser when I open to work on this. I don't know how it has landed on my PC. I think it comes bundled with my videos files because it is showing from that time when I download such files one month ago. It has kept my browser full of annoying pop-ups where I am unable to browse. I need help to remove this PUP.QkSee. Anyone guide me how to remove PUP.QkSee completely?
PUP.QkSee More Description
PUP.QkSee is confirmed to be annoying potential unwanted adware program which is not only annoying but also harmful for the PC. Generally it interrupts the victims for doing work online. It fetch a lots of troubles for victims so that it can generate revenue from users. PUP.QkSee invades into your computer silently hidden with freeware, shareware and spam emails etc. Once PUP.QkSee gets invaded into your computer, it will set itself to run automatically on the background for doing lots evil activities. It can harms your all browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer etc and display its bogus pop-ups and ads to shop online deals no matter either you want or not but it has aim to convince anyhow displaying its deals which may sound like useful but after clicking its link you may have to loss money without any reason.
Moreover, PUP.QkSee can replace your homepage as well as your search engine to give your search result redirect to the suspicious website and download many other risk for leading your computer dangerously for generating profit. If you allow it to stay more on the PC, it may affect your sensitive information such as online activities and commercial information for its satisfaction and it can allow the cyber criminals to illegally access into your computer. So, it is very important that this rouge PUP.QkSee is removed as soon as possible from PC.
Learn To Remove PUP.QkSee Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete PUP.QkSee Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of PUP.QkSee Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to PUP.QkSee related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from PUP.QkSee On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing PUP.QkSee from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.