Now .Cerber2 extension Ransomware, a variant of Cerber ransomware has been released by cyber criminals. More enhanced malicious codes within the ransomware program can easily encrypt your personal files. An additional .Cerber2 file extension with saved contents on any computer apparently indicate that enhanced variant of Cerber ransomware infection is in active state in your computer system. Your personal files as MS Office documents, images, videos etc. are encrypted as soon as the alleged ransomware attacks your system. According to our research, .Cerber2 file extension virus spreads through exploits, Spam attached files, website and porn torrent files used by the web sites of third parties. With the invasion of the .Cerber2 extension Ransomware on your computer, you may encounter complete data loss situation.
If the files were infected with .Cerber2 extension, usually you will see a warning pop-up window or document, TXT, left by a hacker who states that your files have been encrypted with them, and you have to buy a decryption key, if you want to restore all your files. They will tell you how to contact them and how to send them money, but it is impossible to allow the police to find them, because they are using a random e-mail account to contact you and require you to pay with Bitcoin. They know how to import files from other victims, so they take a lot for the expansion of the decryption key file virus .Cerber2. Although it is quite expensive, many victims still compromise and pay the money, because it is the only hope. But is it true? As researchers have found the fact that, payment of ransom amount by your side does not guarantee that you will get decryption key. The knavish cyber criminals does not deserve any trust, so you should not make any payment to them and as far as possible try other recovery options for your encrypted files and get rid of .Cerber2 extension Ransomware.
Almost all kinds of your personal files, including personal photos, videos and documents are encrypted virus expansion .Cerber2 file. Weird file extension will be added at the end of each file, and you can not open any of them. Who created such an evil virus? What do they want from you? Of course, the creator of the virus file extension .Cerber2 wants money. Hackers have created a high risk malware to rob victim's money. After file encryption, ransomware program put a deceptive offer to exchange decryption keys with an amount in Bitcions. Security experts recommends the removal of .Cerber2 extension Ransomware completely, and then try data recovery software. Here is a guide to remove .Cerber2 extension Ransomware infection from your computer and help you to recover your files.
Remove .Cerber2 extension Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .Cerber2 extension Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .Cerber2 extension Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .Cerber2 extension Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .Cerber2 extension Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .Cerber2 extension Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .Cerber2 extension Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .Cerber2 extension Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .Cerber2 extension Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.