Highlight to Search belongs to adware family that somehow hits the most commonly used Internet browsers Google Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari and Mozilla Firefox. This malware comes packed with third party freeware installer and silently get installed into the target PC. Some of the possible ways by which it lurks into the system are when visit unsafe or porn website, software update, cracked games, peer-to-peer file sharing, malicious links from social networking sites, spam email attachments, download infected torrent files, via freeware or shareware and so on. After successful infiltration Highlight to Search will show tons of commercial ads including banners, offers, discounts, image ads, video ads, sound ads, coupons, deals and many more whenever you open website. This malware will promises to provide best deals in order to attract you and lead you to click on those ads.
Step:1 Remove Highlight to Search or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Highlight to Search or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Highlight to Search or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Highlight to Search
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Highlight to Search from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Highlight to Search
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Highlight to Search will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Highlight to Search
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Highlight to Search in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Highlight to Search
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Highlight to Search while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Highlight to Search Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Highlight to Search
How to Block Highlight to Search Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Highlight to Search exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Highlight to Search Removal