If you are one among those users who has got infected with Content Defender then this article will surely help you to remove such threat completely. Instruction explained out here are helpful to remove threat from almost all the web browser that is Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer.
Content Defender recognized as adware program which expose on your web pages as unreliable online shopping offers. It used to always used to display pop-up and promises to safe your web browser from unreliable and pesky online content. It used to appear in white dialog box with mixture of green interface which make it deliver as real program. Content Defender is unsafe which are only used to add more of ads-supported tools and codes in form of plugs or extension as Torrent search or e-Translator. Of-course once used browser completely filter by such pesky programs you will always used to receive such ads in form of text -links, banner, coupons, offers etc.
Content Defender actually used to arrive with executable malicious code. If it any how enter in your system, after establishing Internet automatically execute such codes. It used to be their on the as toolbar or Browser Helper object but works as helper object for cyber hoodlums. It use to alter settings like home page. DNS, HOST, search path etc. It only use to deliver the promotional ads, pop-up, links, and the affiliate content. It may block of your browsing.
Content Defender is not any genuine which used to keep on showing. It used to change settings is make its task easier. It record of informative details which used to pass over the Internet. Such thing are done with purpose to only make financial gain. Apart from such of the activity what it does that just used to show updated Google ads in which users are more interested to click on. In fact such superfluous programs only make your browser to run more slower. You must read of instructions carefully to remove Content Defender completely from your Windows PC.
Learn To Remove Content Defender Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Content Defender Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Content Defender Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Content Defender related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Content Defender On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Content Defender from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.