[email protected] Description:
[email protected] is one of the most popular file encrypting infection that belongs to the ransomware family. This ransomware infection is highly compatible with Windows based System. It usually hides itself on your Computer and overlooks your all activities. The sole intention of this infection is to encrypt victim's all personal files and force them to purchase the decryption key which costs a bomb. It is capable to encrypt almost every kinds of files formats such as PNG, JPG, MKV, AVI, GIF,. MP3,DOCX, XML, TXT and PDF by adding some weird and strange extensions on files. It has been especially designed and created by cyber hackers to earn money from you. After encrypting your all stored files, it will automatically open a TXT files or website to inform you that your PC is in dangerous situation and you have to contact with hackers and send money for getting the decrypting key or restoring the file which mainly associated with Bitcoin websites. With the ransom note, it warns you that you have to pay ransom money within 48 hours otherwise you will lose your data forever. But you should not believed on such a fake warning messages because once you compromise to them, you may not only lose your stored files but also lose your money as well as privacy. Therefore, you need avoid to send any single penny to the developer of this infection. As long as it stays into your PC, it will destroy your Computer badly, so it is highly suggested by expert that user should delete [email protected] immediately from the infected PC.
How [email protected] Intrudes into PC?
Belonging to the ransomware family, [email protected] can gets into your PC secretly via lots of tricky ways, among which major ones are Spam email. When you received an email that looks like return receipt of your online payment or an express delivery email then you will lurked to download mail attachments which contains notorious codes of [email protected] As soon as you open any malicious mail attachments, several files with be infected by it and all of them cannot be accessed by you any more. Besides this, there is other way through which it can easily enters into your Computer and creates lots of damages.
Problems Triggered By [email protected]
- Encrypts your all stored file and ask you to pay ransom note in order to decrypt them.
- [email protected] usually takes over your all browser and Computer.
- Throws tons of fake security alerts and warning messages.
- Collects your crucial data and send to the remote hacker.
- Alters System, DNS or browser setting to corrupt registry entries.
- Disables the functionality of System security tools and software.
A: How To Remove [email protected] From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill [email protected] Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the [email protected] related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall [email protected] From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all [email protected] related items from list.
B: How to Restore [email protected] Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing [email protected] from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing [email protected] from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by [email protected] with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.