These days, a new ransomware named DotZeroCMD ransomware has infected wide range of Windows machine. Luckily, it is a fake crypto locker ransomware that doesn't lock users file but it too much dangerous for affected machine. If your Windows machine is also locked with this ransomware and you really want to decrypt your files then go through with this post completely.
Threat's profile of DotZeroCMD ransomware
|Threat's Name||DotZeroCMD ransomware|
|Threat's Type||Scareware or Ransomware|
|Risk Level||Very High|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS – x64 based|
|First Discovered||Late April 2018|
|Contact Email Address||[email protected]|
|Description||DotZeroCMD ransomware is not a file encryption malware but it is capable to compromise System users and ruin affected machine badly.|
|Occurrences||Spam campaigns, bundling method, torrent downloads, pirated software, infected devices, online games etc.|
|Is DotZeroCMD ransomware deletion possible||Yes|
|To delete DotZeroCMD ransomware easily and completely, affected users must download Windows Scanner Tool inside their machine.|
Complete Information That You Must Know About DotZeroCMD ransomware
DotZeroCMD ransomware has been identified by security experts as a hoax malware which is capable to compromise System users based on Windows operating System including Windows Vista, Me, XP, NT, 7, 8/8.1 and Windows 10. This malware is known for targeting Windows x64 based Systems and works as the RaaS. It uses lots of tricky ways to compromise Windows machine but mainly targeted via spam emails. When System users opened any misleading messages, fake invoices and many more, it automatically download the payload of this ransomware from remote servers to execute the malicious threat in PC memory.
Working Tactics of DotZeroCMD ransomware
As soon as DotZeroCMD ransomware invades inside the machine, it alleged the file encryption procedure and demands a ransom fee for getting the file decryption key. In the ransom note, hackers strictly advised victims to pay ransom fee in any cryptocurrency such as Litecoin, Bitcoin, Monero and others. After that hackers ask victims to contact them through [email protected] so that the unique file decryption key could be sent back.
No Need To Pay Ransom Fee Asked by DotZeroCMD ransomware Developers
However, DotZeroCMD ransomware is bogus and it doesn't lock users files so you don't need to pay the ransom demanded fee. It is regarded as one of the dirty trick used by cyber criminals to extort ransom fee from the innocent users. Some of the innocent users might pay the ransom demanded fee to get files back. However, it is completely fake and there is no need to do that. Rather than paying ransom demanded fee, system users are highly advised to delete DotZeroCMD ransomware from their machine.
How To Remove DotZeroCMD ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all DotZeroCMD ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out DotZeroCMD ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the DotZeroCMD ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.