Houdini Worm is deemed as Trojan virus which is recently designed by the cyber criminals. It have capability to violate the system securities in order to sneak in the targeted system. Mainly, it comes attached with the free videos, files, spam emails, pen drives etc and carries ability to hide its existence internally. Houdini Worm is capable to replicate itself in the system and create its several copies at various location. Even more, you will find lots of strange files, folders, shortcuts and icons at various destination of the PC. If you are detecting any of these symptoms in your PC then definitely it is attacked by Houdini Worm.
The ill-effects of Houdini Worm will not allow you to perform a single task on time. The running speed of various PC functions including Internet connection will start to degrade in which opening a file or folder will also take more time than usual. You will also find suspicious codes or payloads in the Windows Registry Editor which is helpful for the threat in order to execute automatically. It is also possible that it will reboot the system at certain interval of time which is extremely important during the works. This threats posses worst impacts on your stored files and carries ability to corrupt them severely. In fact, it can also disable the working of several installed programs or softwares. So, don't allow Houdini Worm to stay for long time in the system.
Besides this, the worst impacts of Houdini Worm can results dangerous for your personal identity. Without your permission or even knowledge, it will connect your system with the remote servers and allows the third parties to access your files. Even more, it can also keep its eyes on the online session of the users and when they perform any online payment, it can secretly record the keystrokes using a keylogger. Additionally, it can bypass the collected files to its creators and use in malignant purpose. This threat is also responsible for conducting unwanted changes, disable of programs, system crashing or freezing and many more. Thus, you need to remove the presence of Houdini Worm in the initial stage after detection.
How to Remove Houdini Worm from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Houdini Worm from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Houdini Worm using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Houdini Worm
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Houdini Worm.
Step3: How to Uninstall Houdini Worm from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Houdini Worm and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Houdini Worm and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Houdini Worm and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Houdini Worm and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Houdini Worm Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Houdini Worm to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Houdini Worm named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Houdini Worm entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Houdini Worm, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.