I am completely annoyed with the presence of Regin Virus in my system. I tried to quarantine it with my antivirus program but don't know how process gets crashed automatically. Then I used other popular anti-virus but none of them helped to provide complete protection to the system. If you have any idea about Regin Virus then please help me. Thank you so much in advance.
Detailed Overview Of Regin Virus:-
Regin Virus is vicious infection which is classified as Trojan. It is created by the cyber crooks in such a way which can invade in the system without any prior notifications. In the early stage, it tries to gain the system controls by changing the default settings. Regin Virus comes with an aim to collect the credential details of the users including bank account number, credit card details, passwords, user names etc. This threat in designed in such a way which is capable to monitor the online session of the users secretly. Whats worse, it is also capable to connect your PC with the remote location servers to bypass the gathered informations. Presence of Regin Virus is extremely dangerous for the personal identity of the users. So, you should try to get rid of it immediately after detection.
Why Regin Virus Is Harmful For The PC?
Regin Virus posses dangerous impacts on the system performance. Once gets installed, it will disable the working of system security programs such as updated anti-virus program as well as Windows Firewall. It will be difficult for the users to perform a single activity on time due to sluggish speed of all the basic functions including start up, shut down, opening files, playing games, installing applications, Internet connection etc. Moreover, it comes with suspicious codes to modify the registry entries and stored files to corrupt them severely. This threat is also responsible for creating bogus processes in the task manager which can results to regular crashing of the operating system. Therefore, if you want to protect your system from being useless then you need to remove Regin Virus permanently.
How PC Gets Attacked By Regin Virus?
Regin Virus is distributed via different channels such as spam emails, torrents downloads, clicking on the suspicious links during web session etc. Another way which is used by the threat is Rermovable devices. It can easily attach itself with the pen drives or other media and gets installed in the system when you use the device without proper scanning. Lack of antivirus program and security tools can also become the reason for the infected PC. Thus, try to avoid these steps if you want to protect your system from the attacks of Regin Virus and other dangerous threats.
Manual Regin Virus Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of Regin Virus
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case Regin Virus, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove Regin Virus Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to Regin Virus infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of Regin Virus infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove Regin Virus, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete Regin Virus
How to View Regin Virus Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the Regin Virus related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access Regin Virus Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by Regin Virus, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide Regin Virus Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with Regin Virus.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide Regin Virus related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of Regin Virus related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View Regin Virus associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by Regin Virus, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.