I cannot get rid of a virus named Trojan.Drover which infected my PC around two days ago. I have Windows 7 on my computer and I have heard that this kind of trojan virus can make great troubles onto the infected machine. It really makes me feel uncomfortable to use my system anymore as I think this threat may steal my personal and private data. I have antivirus software installed on my machine but it cannot remove the virus from my computer. How can I completely and permanently delete Trojan.Drover from my Windows PC..??
About Trojan.Drover : Complete Introduction on Trojan.Drover
Trojan.Drover is a kind of hazardous Trojan horse virus which is newly released by the cyber criminals in order to infect maximum number of PC to get benefited by performing some illicit activities. This nasty threat can be widely implanted on those malicious websites which have been hijacked by the criminal hackers. Users can be easily targeted by Trojan.Drover virus because it is difficult for the users to notice this threat when they go online. It will make the infected machine perform in a poor condition and help cyber criminals to achieve their illegal means. The personal and the private information can be stolen by Trojan.Drover malware and transfer these info to the cyber crooks to grasp the data to commit cyber crimes.
Cyber criminals who make this Trojan.Drover threat have a lots of ways to spread this malware. Except implanting it to nasty web pages, those cyber thugs can also insert this virus to many applications or programs, which means innocent PC users will be easily targeted by Trojan.Drover infection if they download those malicious programs from the web carelessly. Once users install the corrupted programs on their computer, then they will have this infection installed onto the machine at the same time. Even some anti-virus tool can detect Trojan.Drover threat for PC users and it does not mean they can handle this malware properly. As a new Trojan horse threat, it will be able to bypass the detection and removal from the systems. So, it is highly suggested to get rid of Trojan.Drover immediately once found.
How to Remove Trojan.Drover from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan.Drover from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan.Drover using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan.Drover
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan.Drover.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan.Drover from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan.Drover and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan.Drover and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan.Drover and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan.Drover and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.Drover Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan.Drover to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan.Drover named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan.Drover entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan.Drover, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.