Discuss About ZeroCrypt Ransomware
ZeroCrypt Ransomware is a member of ransomware family that recently reported by security researchers. Developers of the ransomware uses variety of way to infect the targeted PC. Once computer system is successfully infected with the ransomware, user files will get encrypted. It employs an elaborate RSA-1024 algorithm to encrypt important data. The corrupted files now bear .zn2016 extension. After that, the ransom note “ZEROCRYPT_RECOVER_INFO.txt” left at user desktop. The ransom note contain all information about this encryption. It tells you, send a ransom amount that is 10 BTC by using email address firstname.lastname@example.org. These amount sent to given time of period, otherwise your all files get deleted permanently. Some victims get scared and send these amount. After send the money, they will not receive any decryption key for restore the files. Because its only a scam to cheat money for invoice user so, never trust on them.
“The ransom note is as follows:
!!! IMPORTANT INFORMATION !!!!
All of your files are encrypted with RSA-1024 and some secret ciphers.
Decrypting of your files is only possible with the secret key or decryption program, which is on our secret server.
To receive your secret key send 10 BTC on this bitcoin-address:
The secret key can decrypt the data on a single computer.
To receive your decryption program send 100 BTC on this bitcoin-address:
The decryption program can decrypt the data on all of your computers.
When you send money, please contact us at this email address:
And attach one of the encrypted file to the letter.”
How ZeroCrypt Ransomware Distributes?
ZeroCrypt Ransomware infect your PC, when you opened the infected email attachment. It is a common tendency using by cyber crooks to spread ransomware threats in such way. The malware may be disguised as a .doc, .dll or .js file. If any user open these type of any attachment then the ransomware get inside the PC without your consent. Other common ways-
- Using peer-to-peer file sharing network.
- When you use Infected Media devices.
- Download freeware application to unsafe sites.
- Playing online games and watching adult movies.
- Browse rogue website and install pirated software.
- Vising unauthorized or suspicious sites.
Malicious Activities Of ZeroCrypt Ransomware
ZeroCrypt Ransomware also related to CryptXXX or .crypt ransomware. It encrypt your all files bu using RSA-1024 algorithm and demand a huge amount to their decryption. You should never send any amount to this hackers, because its not guarantee to restore the files. In fact, if you send money then you will loss your files and money permanently. The ransomware is capable to steal all your crucial data such as username, login details, password, IP address, PIN number phone number, bank account related details and more. These details send to cyber crooks for illegal activities. It also install more other threats into the PC for manipulate the PC. Due to this rubbish malware your Internet speed become very slowly as well as PC connection. Several system program or function got disable. Thus, it is very important to eliminate ZeroCrypt Ransomware from the PC as quickly as possible.
Remove ZeroCrypt Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove ZeroCrypt Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove ZeroCrypt Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To ZeroCrypt Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find ZeroCrypt Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove ZeroCrypt Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove ZeroCrypt Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the ZeroCrypt Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the ZeroCrypt Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.