Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a is very vicious program that is categorized as a trojan virus. It invades silently in your system and creates lots of issues in your system. It has been discovered by researchers at the Kaspersky Lab Global Research. This stubborn trojan virus uses Microsoft's PowerShell utility. This nasty trojan virus is slightly vary from another virus such as it uses a program information file to attack victim's computer. Once .PIF is activated, then “powershell.exe” stored on your hard disks. In certain situation, Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a changes the proxy configuration of browser to another malicious proxy configuration to redirect connections to other harmful sites. It targets all version of window operating system such as Window 7, Window XP, Window 2000, Window 8/8.1 and so on. It is very difficult for security application to detect this trojan virus because like it hides itself on the root of the system. This banking trojan virus targets banks in Brazil but experts expect that it is move also in other countries immediately.
How Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a distributed on your system?
There are numerous ways by which Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a intrude in your system. Bundling process is the most common way of penetration of these dreadful virus. It can also penetrate in your system through visiting illegal sites, clicking on malicious ads, responding to spam mails, peer-to-peer sharing of files, torrent files, using infectious removable media and many other. Therefore, to protect your system from this threat always enable your security program and avoid responding any spam mails from unknown sources.
Adverse Consequence of Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a
Once Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a is installed in your system, it copies its file on hard disk. Then it configures itself and creates a new files named as powershell.exe. It has ability to stop your running component and exploit your security application which ruin your machine completely. It is capable to modify your system settings and window settings. Due to highly system resources, it will downgrade your system performance. This trojan virus injected in your system for evil purposes. It steals your private information like password, credit card details, email address, bank account details and many critical information. All in all Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a is very terrible and hazardous trojan virus that brings lots of troubles in your system. If you really don't want to become victim of this virus, you should take immediate action to remove this trojan virus.
How to Remove Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan-Proxy.PowerShell.Agent.a, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.