I got a malicious RSA-4096 virus on my computer which has locked all my PC files. And to open my system files, I have to pay them some sort of money. I uses Microsoft Security Essential antivirus program to eliminate it but it didn't works. I also downloaded some free antivirus software but it didn't help me to delete this virus from my system. I have to backup my windows but this nasty virus has altered the extensions of my system files. When I open some files it says the file is damage. What can I do get my files back and remove this virus from my system..??
RSA-4096 Information : Know more about RSA-4096
RSA-4096 is a high-risk ransomware virus that lock the system files on infected computer and extorts money from the victims. Once infiltrating on your machine, it encrypts all files in the computer's hard drive causing the compromised system to malfunction to lock your PC. It also displays you a pop-up message claiming that you have been accused for the copyright infringement while downloading free music and video files which are shared without observing the rights of their respected owners and you have to pay money as a penalty to unlock your system files as well as prevent you from being prosecuted.
This is completely a trap set by the cyber crooks. RSA-4096 is developed by the cyber criminals to make money via hijacking your files as hostage and ask for the ransom money to decrypt your files. This ransomware threat is spread through e download files and spam email attachments. Moreover, other high-level viruses such as rootkit and spyware will be downloaded onto your system to give you more troubles. Even you pay the ransom money to the cyber criminals, you will have a rare chance to get your system files back. Because, these scammers are never trustworthy persons, they are the criminal hackers making living by scamming innocent PC users. So, do not pay any single money to them. Therefore, it is highly suggested to remove RSA-4096 ransomware virus immediately from your computer to protect your precious data.
Remove RSA-4096 From Your PC
Step 1: Remove RSA-4096 in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove RSA-4096 using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To RSA-4096
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find RSA-4096 related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove RSA-4096 Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove RSA-4096 related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the RSA-4096 virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the RSA-4096 infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.