Social Reviewer is termed as an unneeded adware program that would bring a lot of trouble for your system by doing various mischievous actions. Typically the threat is injected inside the system along with third party programs which often be used. It may has been carried through social networking sites. After getting inside the targeted system it will be start displaying immense advertisements throughout the browser. Frustrating ads might come across in the form of banner, sidebar, text link, underlined keywords, banners etc. As these promotional ads are embedded in context of web page that's why you normally see as a web page element. Social Reviewer comes up with showing pop-up ads constantly which drive you into crazy.
Social Reviewer blocks you to visiting desired web sites through its malicious plug-ins. Furthermore it does modification in browser preset settings which result in showing strange search result. Apart from the threat can record actions that you performed during Online to disrupt you more. It also capable of tampering default system configurations which include transforming system registry, brings change in key system files and many more. By consuming additional memory it even drop down system working efficiency that has been turned into poor. This threat even undermine firewall and PC network security which frequently allow other computer infections to get in.
Social Reviewer is specifically made for promoting bogus services and products of their sponsored sites. Oftentimes it acts as an useful program but this is just to attract users and in real this is a serious malware which would not only hurt the computer quite adversely but even mislead you into scam. So beware of impulsively to download any program from unknown sites. But in case this threat gets infiltrated somehow then it is highly advised to take appropriate action against the threat and remove Social Reviewer soon.
Learn To Remove Social Reviewer Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Social Reviewer Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Social Reviewer Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Social Reviewer related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Social Reviewer On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Social Reviewer from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.