"I have encrypted files on my PC by [email protected]. I am not able to open my files stored on the hard drive of infected computer. Every time when I click on any file to open, then a message appears that says “Your personal files are encrypted”. [email protected] also says that I need to pay 100 USD to obtain a key to decrypt files on my computer. What should I do now to safely recover my files and remove [email protected] from my computer? Any help!!"
[email protected] is a ransomware program that sneaks into a targeted online computer and encrypt user's personal files and folder. Although it does not harm or decrypt system or application files but affect some Internet settings, web browser settings and block security settings. The ransomware program uses a powerful encryption algorithm RSA-2048 to encrypt files on compromised computer. So when your computer got infected then you can't open or view your files easily. Some victims try to open files by copying on another system or by deleting additional file extension or by restoring their computer on a previous restoration point. All these methods does not work to get rid of [email protected] ransomware virus. It is also a fact that anti virus programs are not able to block or remove [email protected] ransomware.
The ransomware [email protected] attacks online Windows computers in various possible infiltration methods. Like any other malware it is served by its developers (cyber culprits in actual) through hacked websites, pop-ups with malicious links, using software bundling and by distribution of Spam emails. So a stealthy installation of this ransomware can take place while downloading of bundled freeware or careless opening of spam email attachment files or by following links on suspicious pop-ups by visiting illegal/hacked websites. Security experts never suggest to pay a ransom to the cyber criminals because it has reported that cyber criminals always deny to provide any decryption key after receiving ransom amount, so the user suffer with loss of both data and money. To remove [email protected] ransomware you should use automatic scanner tool and follow detailed instructions in this post in order to recover your encrypted files.
How To Remove [email protected] Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all [email protected] related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out [email protected] related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the [email protected] infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.