Locker v2.7 is holding files for Ransom and nothing seem to work right for me. I am unable to access them and worried that encrypted files do not get deleted permanently. Amid confusion whether I need to pay the ransom to hackers for getting my files unlocked.
Locker v2.7 is another variant of Locker ransomware that has been created recently. It is mostly prevalent in countries like US and UK. Once it attacks the PC, it goes on encrypting all the files whether its videos, images, documents as well as audio files. Locker v2.7 Ransomware claims that the files have been locked on pretext that it infringed the laws and is violation of the laws. Therefore the users are liable for fine which need to be paid soon. Failing to do so will invite all sorts of trouble further. It also quotes the name of some Govt. agencies that would be involved for liable punitive action. This is the reason why many of the users prefer to pay out the ransom to hackers as they get scared.
Locker v2.7 includes a note along with the encrypted files seeking a ransom of $ 500 within stipulated time period of 48 hours. The payment is to be made using MoneyPak payment system. However, we would like to make it clear that this is only scare tactics and one should avoid paying the fine to hackers. What if suppose you make the payment and even then also the files do not get decrypted. So it is advised to follow the guide to remove Locker v2.7 ransomware from compromised PC instead.
How To Remove Locker v2.7 From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Locker v2.7 Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Locker v2.7 related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Locker v2.7 From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Locker v2.7 related items from list.
Uninstall Locker v2.7 From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Locker v2.7 related items from the programs list.
Delete Locker v2.7 From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Locker v2.7 related programs.
Remove Locker v2.7 Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Locker v2.7 related entries.
Remove Locker v2.7 Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Locker v2.7 virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Locker v2.7 Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.