“I am facing data loss on my Windows computer due to fqwdrlh file extension. All saved files on my computer has converted in unknown file type and my PC is not recognizing them. All of sudden, my saved file got an additional file extension “.fqwdrlh”, as for example “img.jpg.fqwdrlh”, “filename.doc.fqwdrlh” etc. I tried to open files after rename the file with original file extension only but it does not work to access them back. How can I get rid of fqwdrlh file extension and recover my encrypted files?”
fqwdrlh file extension or CTB Locker Ransomware
fqwdrlh file extension or CTB Locker Ransomware encrypts users personal file and instruct them to pay an amount with other details by the use of ransom note.
All affected files are renamed with additional * .fqwdrlh file extension or CTB Locker extension
|Sources||Spam emails, Free bundled software, hacked/illegal websites|
Automatic Scanner Tool
Do you have ever listen about CTB Locker which is also known as Critroni ransomware virus. This is the ransomware virus which encrypts files on victim's cimputer with seven length random characters. As for example CTB locker ransomware virus uses “.fqwdrlh, .phszfud, .mtrsxox, .rpyxhhm, .uogltic file extensions after encryption of personal files of users. It means it does not harm system or application executable files so you can open and perform operations on your computer but can't open any saved file such as your documents, emails, images, songs, video, movies, PDF etc. When this ransomware virus get success to sneak into your computer it runs a system scan on all drive letters, mapped drives, external drive and also network shared drives for data files and encrypt all files. Earlier CTB locker ransomware had used .CTB and .CTB2 extensions but now the updated version of this ransomware virus is using 7 characters long random file extension like “.fqwdrlh” file extension. After encryption of all files the ransomware virus displays a ransom screen on on your computer as a desktop background image. It also create a TEXT/HTML file in all folders and sub folders to as a reminder for users that they should follow all instructions to pay the ransom of $120 USD (.2 BTC) within the fixed time.
fqwdrlh file extesion or CTB Locker ransomware virus is capable to encrypt more than listed file formats here.
→3fr, accdb, ai, arw, bay, cdr, cer, cr2, crt, crw, dbf, dcr, der, dng, doc, docm, docx, dwg, dxf, dxg, eps, erf, indd, jpe, jpg, kdc, mdb, mdf, mef, mrw, nef, nrw, odb, odm, odp, ods, odt, orf, p12, p7b, p7c, pdd, pef, pem, pfx, ppt, pptm, pptx, psd, pst, ptx, r3d, raf, raw, rtf, rw2, rwl, srf, srw, wb2, wpd, wps, xlk, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, etc.
On a compromised computer system, fqwdrlh file extension or CTB Locker Ransomware makes files and links on different locations to remind users that files are encrypted on their computer and they will have to pay the demanded amount of money within mentioned time in ransome note. The ransom files are named as:
→C:\\.exe C:\Users\\AppData\Local\.exe (Vista/7/8) C:\Users\\AppData\Local\.exe (Vista/7/8) C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\.exe (XP) C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Application Data\.exe (XP) %Temp%
fqwdrlh file extension or CTB Locker ransomware virus uses ECC (Elliptic curve cryptography) public and private key cryptography which is very hard to decode without private keys. So it is obvious that renaming and deleting additional file extension can't let you to access your encrypted files. What you should do to recover your encrypted files by CTB locker? How to restore files with fqwdrlh file extension? You have many options to recover your files – you can use backup, use file recovery software or use Shadow Volume Copies. The steps to remove fqwdrlh file extension are mentioned below in details.
How To Remove fqwdrlh file extesion From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End fqwdrlh file extesion Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the fqwdrlh file extesion related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall fqwdrlh file extesion From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all fqwdrlh file extesion related items from list.
Uninstall fqwdrlh file extesion From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete fqwdrlh file extesion related items from the programs list.
Delete fqwdrlh file extesion From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all fqwdrlh file extesion related programs.
Remove fqwdrlh file extesion Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all fqwdrlh file extesion related entries.
Remove fqwdrlh file extesion Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the fqwdrlh file extesion virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free fqwdrlh file extesion Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.