I was surfing the web then my browser automatically misleads me to A.karmabook.club which was showing alert that I have won some reward and I can claim it by following its guidelines. It asked me to select a reward within the given time otherwise it will be given to someone else. I want to know are these alerts trustworthy? Is it safe to enter my personal details to claim the prize? How A.karmabook.club appears as my default homepage? I need immediate help, will you please provide the detailed information of all these problems?
A.karmabook.club is an unreliable page of the third parties which they use to trap the users in its scam. It is classified as a browser hijacker which can change the browser settings in order to hijack the PC. It does not need any permission to install itself in the compromised system. You will notice that your Google, Yahoo or Bing search results will be redirected to A.karmabook.club automatically which will display an alert that “Congratulations! You are today's luckiest winner”. It says that on every Friday, we select a lucky user and give them a reward. It asks the users to choose their desired reward and displays some choice. It will also provide a time limit and shows that if you make delay then the prize will be given to someone else. Do not get trapped in the scam of hackers because the alerts displayed by A.karmabook.club are completely fake.
You need to know that A.karmabook.club is not a genuine site. It is only a trick of the hackers to collect the personal details of the users. It will ask you to send your name, address, contact number, email address, banking details etc. in reality, hackers can make use of your personal data for cyber crime activities. Instead of sending the reward, they will install bundles of malignant threats in the system to exploit its vulnerabilities. You will find lots of unknown extensions, toolbars, plug-ins or add-ons in the web browser. It will be extremely difficult for the users to visit any legitimate sites of their choice as it carries ability to block the IP address of the compromised PC to such links. Furthermore, system processing speed will also decrease day-by-day. Hence, try to delete A.karmabook.club immediately if you have detected it in your system.
Manual Steps to Remove A.karmabook.club From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove A.karmabook.club related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete A.karmabook.club completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean A.karmabook.club related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall A.karmabook.club and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With A.karmabook.club
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the A.karmabook.club related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove A.karmabook.club related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove A.karmabook.club related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove A.karmabook.club related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of A.karmabook.club from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.