I am detecting .krypted File Extension in all my stored files. When I try to open a picture or documents then it displays the alert of “Unsupported format”. Even I tried to change the extension manually but it doesn't worked. I have also found a note on the desktop which says that I need to pay 1 Bitcoin to make the files accessible again. I am unable to understand why I am detecting such changes in my files? What is .krypted File Extension? Do I really need to pay the amount in order to view my files? Please help me!
.krypted File Extension is a new variant of Cryptowall ransomware which can enter in the system with the spam emails with contains DOCX attachments. When you will reboot the PC, it will automatically execute itself and encrypts all the stored files with the extensions DOCX, DOC, PNG, XLS, PDF, JPG, JPEG, PPT, MP4 and many more. All the default extensions will be changed to .krypted File Extension and the files will become inaccessible. In fact, it carries ability to lock almost all the files used by the Office suites to affect the work severely. It will create HOWTO_DECRYPT file on the desktop which will provide instructions to decrypt the files. The victims will be asked to pay 1 Bitcoin to the wallet address in order to get the decryption key.
You need to know that .krypted File Extension is only a spam of the third party hackers whose main intention is to generate revenue. They can secretly monitor your online transactions and records the sensitive details which you type while making online transactions. Even after making the payment, it does not send any key. It can make you suffer from identity theft situations and leads the PC to destructive situations if exists for long time. You need to be aware that no key can help you to recover the encrypted files. Thus, do not pay money to the cyber criminals anymore. If you are detecting .krypted File Extension in your system then you need to remove it as early as possible after detection.
How To Remove .krypted File Extension From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End .krypted File Extension Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the .krypted File Extension related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall .krypted File Extension From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all .krypted File Extension related items from list.
Uninstall .krypted File Extension From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete .krypted File Extension related items from the programs list.
Delete .krypted File Extension From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all .krypted File Extension related programs.
Remove .krypted File Extension Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all .krypted File Extension related entries.
Remove .krypted File Extension Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the .krypted File Extension virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free .krypted File Extension Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.