Do you know enough about LockBox ransomware
Ransomware report of the week has enlisted name of LockBox ransomware on top. Seems like it's a newly discovered malware that should not exist onto your computer because it encodes important files without giving any mercy option (button). Once files are encoded you will see a ransom note onto your desktop demanding ransom money in the name of providing decryption key. While performing initial inspection we got to know that LockBox has given ability to make use of a custom AES-256 cipher in order to encrypt certain types of files. Hence, once files are encoded you won't be able open or modify them. None of your Windows applications will be able to recognize the encoded files. As a result, those files will become totally inaccessible and useless. Threat actors take advantage of this situation and try to extort money from you.
Furthermore, it worth mentioning that LockBox ransomware developers suggest you to send PERSONAL KEY which is provided in the end of the ransom note along with 3 encrypted files to [email protected] While seeing such message you might get convinced for making ransom payment because they are decrypting your 3 files for free. But, this could be a trick to gain your trust and put a knife in your a back later on. Though, it would better to use alternative guideline to recover your files rather than contacting cyber punks and paying off ransom to them. We highly recommend you to avoid making ransom payment. In most of the cases, we have seen LockBox ransomware victims unsatisfied because its developers are actually con artists. They have interest in making easy money only.
Ways to prevent LockBox ransomware attacks
Undoubtedly, you can prevent LockBox ransomware sophisticated attacks, all you need to do it to install a highly reputable Antimalware software which must be activated with a genuine activation key. Next you need to keep it always up-to-date to latest virus definition database to fight against even newly released malware. Please note, using Demo or Trial versions of Antimalware are incapable of providing real time protection against high level threat. So that, it is essential that you focus on using premium Antimalware. We hope that your data is more valuable than few bucks.
Moreover, you should never double click spam email attachment or shady links. If you find any suspicious file onto your computer, just scan it with you security software to decide whether it is safe or not. Finally, we recommend you to delete LockBox ransomware and recover files using following instruction.
How To Remove LockBox ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End LockBox ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the LockBox ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall LockBox ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all LockBox ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall LockBox ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete LockBox ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete LockBox ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all LockBox ransomware related programs.
Remove LockBox ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all LockBox ransomware related entries.
Remove LockBox ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the LockBox ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free LockBox ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.