What do you know about data.txt Ransomware?
Data.txt Ransomware is classified as a type of file encrypting virus which is activated by the Ransomware threat. It is designed by the criminal hackers who aims to encrypt your personal and sensitive files stored on the PC and take them as a hostage to force you to buy the decryption key which costs a bomb. However, data.txt Ransomware can get into your machine through many ways, among which the major ones are junk email attachments and free download files and pornographic websites links. Once you open or click them, this nasty ransomware virus will be downloaded in a flash and encrypt your system files quickly.
Moreover, data.txt Ransomware has the ability to encrypt almost every type of files, such as JPG, XLS, PNG, RAW, AVI, MP3, MKV, DOC, GIF, XML, PDF and TXT. In case, it infects your computer files, you cannot open any of them at all. What you will get is a txt file from data.txt Ransomware, a html webpage icon or a BMP image which urges you to pay the ransom money. It usually warns that you only have 24 or 48 hours to purchase the decryption key, and any delaying after the given time period, you will lose all your PC files forever.
Although, lots of victims can do nothing but to pay the ransom money to the developer of data.txt Ransomware virus because their files are so important. But, please note that you are making deal with the cyber crooks, who may not keep its words to retrieve your system files even though you send money to them. Thus, we do not recommend you to send the money to such evil criminal hackers. And there is another risk, which is identity theft. The cyber hackers who created data.txt Ransomware virus are able to hack into your banking accounts or other crucial accounts when you follow their messages in order to pay the ransom money. It is a huge risk to you. Therefore, it would be better for you to get rid of data.txt Ransomware virus quickly from your system.
Remove data.txt Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove data.txt Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove data.txt Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To data.txt Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find data.txt Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove data.txt Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove data.txt Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the data.txt Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the data.txt Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.