VBS/Downloader.Agent virus totally messed up my entire system. I just want to go on anime ratio to watch a show but it taken my Wi-Fi and everything. I have used Bitdefender and MSE antivirus software to try and eliminate this virus but it keeps on coming back. Now, I really don't know what to do. Can someone please help me to get rid of this nasty virus quickly from my system..?? Thanking you in advance..!!
What do you know about VBS/Downloader.Agent?
VBS/Downloader.Agent is a very dangerous Trojan infection that causes a series of computer problems. This virus generally spreads rapidly over the Internet by means of pornographic websites, spam emails and various freeware programs. Once inside your system, it takes plenty of memory space and resources. Thus, your computer performance will become slower and slower. Besides, this insidious virus may secretly download additional malware infections into your machine or open up computer loopholes for the remote hackers. If you don't delete this threat in time, it may even corrupt your system routine applications and steal your personal and private information such as web history, credit card details, phone number, search queries and address etc. All in all, this VBS/Downloader.Agent virus is a stinky computer virus. Unfortunately, the removal of this trojan virus is quite difficult because it does not have an interface, so you can not eliminate it from the control panel. So far, no antivirus software can effectively remove it. Hence, to secure your computer and all the sensitive data, VBS/Downloader.Agent virus should be deleted as soon as possible from powerful removal tool.
Manual VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus
How to View VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by VBS/Downloader.Agent Virus, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.