Hackerman Ransomware – What is it?
This week wasn't good for PC users and AV vendors because HiddenTear platform once again has been used to create a cryptomalware called – Hackerman Ransomware. Hackerman only supports Spanish language, being deployed via spam email containing exploit kit and malvertising campaigns. You may have received hacker's hoax social engineered message that resemble payment notifications from online stores like Amazon, Aliexpress and photos from social media like Instagram that features an attached PDF, DOCX or RAR file. These files must be embedded with a corrupted JS and macro which are coded to automatically run on the affected system without your consent. Immediately, it may result in the deployment of Hackerman Ransomware.
Moreover, Hackerman virus is designed to append the '.locked' extension to corrupted files just like other ransomware from HiddenTear family. For example, 'Resume.docx' is transcoded by the Hackerman virus to 'Resume.locked' and no office suit will be able to load the data inside as long as the file is not unlocked or restored. You would still be able to move, delete and copy the files having '.locked' extension but you won't be able to play or read the corrupted files. The ransom note is dropped on the desktop which has a name – 'Leeme Por Favor.txt,' which means 'Read Me Please.txt.' in English. Analysis reports reveals that the Fraudsters behind the Hackerman Ransomware may demand 0.5 Bitcoin to 1 Bitcoin to give you decryption key based on per PC.
Experts' Suggestion to the Victims of Hackerman Ransomware
If your PC has have been infected by the Hackerman virus, we suggest you to remove Hackerman malware using reliable Antivirus software instead of paying the ransom to Cyber criminal. Most likely they don't care about your files and just wants you to make payment of ransom withing given time.
Even, to safeguard your system 27/7, you need to install a multi-layered security provider Antivirus and keep it up-to-date along with your operating system and other applications as well.
Till now, experts are working on to publish a free decryption tool in order to help the victims. Either you can wait or follow the alternative instruction created by our research team. This alternative instruction is working perfectly.
However, before starting files restoring process, we strongly recommend you to get rid of Hackerman Ransomware first. Follow the instruction given below:
How To Remove Hackerman Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Hackerman Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Hackerman Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Hackerman Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Hackerman Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Hackerman Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Hackerman Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Hackerman Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Hackerman Ransomware related programs.
Remove Hackerman Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Hackerman Ransomware related entries.
Remove Hackerman Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Hackerman Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Hackerman Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.