I also got Trojan horse Agent5.AETS virus on my Windows XP computer system this morning. I have searched for several hours in order to clean all the mess from my PC and followed several methods. However, when I reboot my system the same problem again occurs on my PC. I am quite worried now so please help me if you know how to get rid of Trojan horse Agent5.AETS completely from Windows PC!!
Trojan horse Agent5.AETS is a counted as one of the most critical malware infection for Windows based computers. Being a typical Trojan virus, it is very dangerous for your PC as it not only causes vulnerabilities in your system security but also puts your privacy at risk. It silently assails targeted computer system by using different deceptive ways like software bundling, opening spam emails, clicking suspicious links, visiting unauthenticated sites, social engineering, infected media drives, shareware, network sharing and many more. Well, once Trojan horse Agent5.AETS manage to get inside your PC, it will cause severe destruction and may makes your system completely useless in just no time whatsoever.
Trojan horse Agent5.AETS, silently get involved in your system legitimate process and execute several mischievous task in compromised without users consent. It corrupts file system, modify registry entries, and makes several crucial settings in your computer. Furthermore, it causes hard drive crash, frequent system crash, affects system functioning, slower the response of your computer, and may result in data loss issue as well. It create a bacdoor in infected computer system which enables other malicious threats like worm, rootkit, and other malware infection to get inside your PC easily. It may also steal your confidential information from victimized PC and pass it to the remote hackers. Therefore, get rid of Trojan horse Agent5.AETS virus as soon as possible on your Windows computer system.
How to Remove Agent5.AETS from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Agent5.AETS from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Agent5.AETS using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Agent5.AETS
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Agent5.AETS.
Step3: How to Uninstall Agent5.AETS from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Agent5.AETS and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Agent5.AETS and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Agent5.AETS and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Agent5.AETS and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Agent5.AETS Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Agent5.AETS to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Agent5.AETS named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Agent5.AETS entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Agent5.AETS, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.